E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+7
OldeEnglishD
ThePieman
heikojr
genetic judoka
JudoMum
Carlo
Nic
11 posters

Nic
    Nic

Avatar choices Empty Avatar choices

Post by Nic Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:50 am

I just signed on to this forum and tried to choose an avatar from the choices available, and there are no females available! Is that a message? Is this forum for boys only?
    Carlo
    Carlo

Avatar choices Empty Re: Avatar choices

Post by Carlo Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:07 am

Hi Nic,

The gallery defaults to male actors for some reason. You can select actresses if you want, but there are plenty of categories you can chose from.
    JudoMum
    JudoMum

Post by JudoMum Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:43 am

Hi Nic,

It's really easy to find a picture on Google Images or wherever, save it to your computer and upload it as your avatar - if I can manage it, anyone can Very Happy
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:53 am

still trying to pick out mine. debating between a few. any suggestions? when you think "genetic judoka" what image comes to mind?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:50 am

genetic judoka wrote:still trying to pick out mine. debating between a few. any suggestions? when you think "genetic judoka" what image comes to mind?

Some sort of Samuri genetic mutation that has caused you to have superhuman judo powers - something with a superhero costume perhaps ?

Something like this perhaps ?

Avatar choices Copy%2Bof%2BCopy%2Bof%2BJudomaster

tongue
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:55 am

Dew wrote:
    genetic judoka wrote:still trying to pick out mine. debating between a few. any suggestions? when you think "genetic judoka" what image comes to mind?

Some sort of Samuri genetic mutation that has caused you to have superhuman judo powers - something with a superhero costume perhaps ?

tongue
    an interesting choice, but I decided to make one instead. I think it's appropriate.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:09 am

genetic judoka wrote:
    Dew wrote:

tongue
    an interesting choice, but I decided to make one instead. I think it's appropriate.

I may nab it for myself then. Are you called Genetic Judoka because your parents, grandparents were Judoka or is it more a genetic mutation thing ?
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:40 am

Dew wrote:

I may nab it for myself then. Are you called Genetic Judoka because your parents, grandparents were Judoka or is it more a genetic mutation thing ?

I came up with the title as a commentary on the remarks I get a lot:

"you're too strong, must be good genetics" (not a result of the hours I spend in the gym every week)

"you're too fast for your size, must be good genetics" (not a result of the time I put into getting good enough at the techniques I use to do them fast enough to make them work)

"you're too flexible, must be good genetics" (not the hours I spend torturing myself with stretches to be as flexible as I am)

"you're so tall, must be good genetics" (ok that one I can't argue with, though none of my relatives are anywhere near my height)

so yeah, I'm genetically predisposed to working hard enough to get the results I want. so I must be a genetic judoka!
    heikojr
    heikojr

Post by heikojr Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:55 am

genetic judoka wrote:
    Dew wrote:

"you're too strong, must be good genetics" (not a result of the hours I spend in the gym every week)

"you're too fast for your size, must be good genetics" (not a result of the time I put into getting good enough at the techniques I use to do them fast enough to make them work)

"you're too flexible, must be good genetics" (not the hours I spend torturing myself with stretches to be as flexible as I am)

"you're so tall, must be good genetics" (ok that one I can't argue with, though none of my relatives are anywhere near my height)

so yeah, I'm genetically predisposed to working hard enough to get the results I want. so I must be a genetic judoka!

This is a cool post! Someone needs to start a thread: Where did you get your judo forum screen name?

heikojr
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:48 am

[/quote]
    an interesting choice, but I decided to make one instead. I think it's appropriate.[/quote]

Very nice!
    OldeEnglishD
    OldeEnglishD

Post by OldeEnglishD Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:57 am

genetic judoka wrote:
    Dew wrote:

tongue

I think you made a perfect choice in Avatars!
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:38 pm

genetic judoka wrote:

I recall ... if memory still serves despite shortening telomeres ... a different story. I recall a poster named "generic judoka" being jabbed by some other smart-aleck on the old forum. That post is probably gone down the great electron drain and into the ground along with most of the history so no way to check that I suppose.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:25 pm

BillC wrote:
    genetic judoka wrote:

I recall ... if memory still serves despite shortening telomeres ... a different story. I recall a poster named "generic judoka" being jabbed by some other smart-aleck on the old forum. That post is probably gone down the great electron drain and into the ground along with most of the history so no way to check that I suppose.

aha ! truth will out Laughing
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:37 am

genetic judoka wrote:
    Dew wrote:

tongue

Hiya GJ

Why do you think being thrown down a spiral staircase is appropriate? affraid

Mike
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:19 am

Nic wrote:I just signed on to this forum and tried to choose an avatar from the choices available, and there are no females available! Is that a message? Is this forum for boys only?

Oh come on Nic. You surely can come up with something ... work the Central Valley angle and use the dancing raisin, the British expat angle, or the nursing thing ...

Avatar choices $(KGrHqF,!qkE+nScZhpnBQLrJnrHUQ~~60_35

... and BTW, are you taking a team to the San Jose Buddhist tourney next month? The workout the day prior?
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:21 am

Any kind member find an avatar for me please?

Thanks,

Mike
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Dew wrote:
    BillC wrote:
    genetic judoka wrote:

aha ! truth will out Laughing

I remember well. The name was orriginaly generic judoka a few years ago, then one day came up with a poll about changing from generic to genetic, and a few days later generic changed to genetic. I regularly still call Jason Generic. " history belongs to those who write it" Laughing Laughing
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:09 pm

Hanon wrote:Any kind member find an avatar for me please?

Thanks,

Mike

I would be happy to give up my avatar, it is kind of cute. Smile Smile
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks,

Mike

How about this? If I can attach it. Smile
    Attachments
    Avatar choices AttachmentYoda.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (219 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks,

Mike

I am great at finding Avatars, take a look at mine,would you like me to select one for you lol!
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Nic wrote:I just signed on to this forum and tried to choose an avatar from the choices available, and there are no females available! Is that a message? Is this forum for boys only?

There is a great picture of Prof Kano Instructing women at the Kodokan at the following: https://sites.google.com/site/victoriauniversityjudoclub/home/history-of-judo

ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Thanks,

Mike

How about this one?
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:36 pm

ThePieman wrote:

Thanks,

Mike

How about this one?

That's about it. Tied up in knots Laughing

Mike
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 pm

judoratt wrote:

Thanks,

Mike

How about this? If I can attach it. Smile

I like the idea. I am taller than that though and not as handsome..... affraid

How ya doing these days?

Mike
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:41 pm

Judo Dad wrote:

Thanks,

Mike

I am great at finding Avatars, take a look at mine,would you like me to select one for you lol!

At least a lilac uwagi is cooler than dark blue Cool

Thanks JD.

MJH

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:22 pm