E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

Nage-waza Ura-no-kata - Rott and Franke

Jonesy
    Jonesy

Nage-waza Ura-no-kata - Rott and Franke Empty Nage-waza Ura-no-kata - Rott and Franke

Post by Jonesy Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:59 am

Contemporary performances of the Nage-waza Ura-no-kata by Benjamin Rott (Tori) and: Stefan Franke (Uke).

Last edited by Jonesy on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
    techman

Nage-waza Ura-no-kata - Rott and Franke Empty Re: Nage-waza Ura-no-kata - Rott and Franke

Post by techman Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:20 am

Jonesy,
    Some of the techniques look similar to some from Kaeshi no kata, is there any connection between the two kata?
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Nage-waza Ura-no-kata - Rott and Franke Empty Re: Nage-waza Ura-no-kata - Rott and Franke

Post by Jonesy Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:10 am

No formal connection that I am aware of. The Ura waza kata is due to Mifune and some of the techniques are explicit counters to the waza in the Nage-no-kata. The origins of the Kaeshi-no-kata are unknown to me, but there is a lineage in the UK at least of transmission from Yukio Tani to Masutaro Otani. It is not feasible that Tani was the creator of the kata a he had a jujutsu and wrestling ackground and was lowly graded (relatively) in judo.
    techman

Post by techman Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:25 pm

As you know Jonesy the Kaeshi-no-kata is one favoured by the British Judo council, and it would follow that Masutaro Otani(one of the BJC founders) had some influence in it's popularity with the BJC.
    I, as you know, am a BJC member, but always thought it strange that a non Kodokan kata should be in our grading syllabus.
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Better walking than in the video of Italians.
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:27 pm

techman wrote:As you know Jonesy the Kaeshi-no-kata is one favoured by the British Judo council, and it would follow that Masutaro Otani(one of the BJC founders) had some influence in it's popularity with the BJC.
    I, as you know, am a BJC member, but always thought it strange that a non Kodokan kata should be in our grading syllabus.
    I find it perverse that many NGBs include non-Kodokan kata in their syllabi and exclude Kodokan kata.

Usually it is the Gonosen no kata and sometimes other counter technique kata that are included with the self defence kata of the Kodokan and the 2 esoteric theoretical kata omitted. Why is this, we'll my thoughts are as follows:

1. Total ignorance of the self defence kata and theoretical kata amongst the seniors of the NGBs.

2. A belief that the self defence kata and theoretical kata are "not real judo" whereas the non Kodokan kata are "real judo" as they are contest applicable.

Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:19 am

Does promotion based on non-KDK affect their chances at a KDK promotion or rank recognition?
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:26 am

NBK wrote:Does promotion based on non-KDK affect their chances at a KDK promotion or rank recognition?
    As it is only possible to get Kodokan rank recognition/promotion outside Japan in an ever decreasing number of countries I would say it matters not at all....
    wdax

Post by wdax Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Who wants a Kodokan recognition for his grade? Why should I pay a lot of money for a piece of paper that contains nothing else, that the Kodokan "recognizes" the grade, that was already awarded to me by my national NGB, without the Kodokan checking my capabilities in Judo.

It would be different for me, if the Kodokan would give me the opportunity to pass an examination.

Back to /the original) topic.

Nage-waza-ura-no-Kata was included in the program for 3rd dan in Germany about 3 years ago and replaced Gonosen-no-Kata. In the past, there existed many different variations of Gonosen-no-Kata and on top ist was left to the candidates to offer an own or a different kata of counter-throwing. Now everybody has to demonstrate nage-waza-ura-no-kata or kime-no-kata.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:41 pm