E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+18
hedgehogey
Taiobroshi
Ricebale
Okazi
Cichorei Kano
genetic judoka
Blacksmith
medo
Wandering WB
judoratt
Ben Reinhardt
Jonesy
Udon
Ro
judo66
charlietuna
still learning
NYCNewbie
22 posters

What throw is this?

Wandering WB

What throw is this? - Page 3 Empty Re: What throw is this?

Post by Wandering WB Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:19 am

So is CK arguing that NYCNewbie's throw is a renzoku waza of daki-wakare + ura nage while Ben and judoratt seem to think it's ura nage? Genetic judoka thinks it's ushiro something. We have quite a difference of opinions here...
    medo

Post by medo Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:32 am

Wandering WB wrote:So is CK arguing that NYCNewbie's throw is a renzoku waza of daki-wakare + ura nage while Ben and judoratt seem to think it's ura nage? Genetic judoka thinks it's ushiro something. We have quite a difference of opinions here...

Ohh dear..... Shocked

Going going gone. I enjoy reading forums and occasionally participating I find I'm not enjoying it any longer I will retire. Good Luck young man......

I hope some of my responses were of use to some...

Mod please remove me from the Log list I no longer wish to participate.
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:32 am

Medo, please, what have I done wrong? I like arguing with you.

I am sorry if I have summed up the view points inaccurately. Somebody also mentioned Ko Soto Gama, genetic claims it's leg assisted Ushiro Goshi, while I still think that the throw consists of both hip and foot motion, with the foot motion being similar to STKA.
    hedgehogey

Post by hedgehogey Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:04 pm

Out of all the things WWB said, that is what makes you flounce?
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 pm

What I see as the bigest problem is everyone thinks too much relax call it what you want. I say ura nage and as I have said before " I am right almost half of the time" Very Happy BTW KISS Keep It Simple Stupid
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Wandering WB wrote:So is CK arguing that NYCNewbie's throw is a renzoku waza of daki-wakare + ura nage while Ben and judoratt seem to think it's ura nage? Genetic judoka thinks it's ushiro something. We have quite a difference of opinions here...

Not "daki-wakare + ura-nage", but "ura-nage + daki-wakare" while several of the clips were direct daki-wakare. The chief movement or the scoring throw was each time daki-wakare, since even if preceded by ura-nage, it was never ura-nage in the end, so the scoring throw was still daki-wakare in either case, that is the 'standing henka (variation)' of daki-wakare. A description of the technique can be found here (sorry, it's in Japanese, but at least one of the pages contains a pretty clear drawing; one of the pages refers to Daigo as sources; he is right):

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/抱分
    http://www.judo-ch.jp/dictionary/technique/nage/yoko/dakiwakare/
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks, CK. Although I'd like to learn Japanese, I don't intend to become fluent tomorrow. I will check out the link at some point.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:32 am

medo wrote:Whats wrong with you lot, has no one read CK's extremely detailed description and answers of the OP's questions try from post 19.

Please am I the only one thinking here whats the point, I'm surrounded by white belts thinking there eighth Dans banghead

I read it and appreciated it very much, I'd never have thought of Dake Wakare, but after the explanation I can see the point.

This is a place to discuss stuff, not have judgement passed down from on high from a burning bush.
    medo

Post by medo Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:57 am

Medo, please, what have I done wrong? I like arguing with you.

Out of all the things WWB said, that is what makes you flounce?

You will have to ask genetic judoka weird untruthful things going on behind the scenes.

This is a place to discuss stuff, not have judgement passed down from on high from a burning bush.

There’s discussing stuff then there’s the three wise monkeys syndrome.
    God help the next generation of Judoka, if being taught by the up and coming WB’s of this world.

The burning bush says good bye…

BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:08 am

Cue the Theremin ...

judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:09 am

Wandering WB wrote:
    judoratt
    Be creful kids most people I know that toot their horns have very little to toot about.
    They may however, have a pretty loud horn for everyone to hear. I have not been doing this for ten years, so I think I may improve still, in terms of proficiency.

Speaking about tooting your horn, wasnt that you that promised to train and post a competition video about a year and a half ago? or am I mistaken? Shocked
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:03 am

Ben Reinhardt wrote:
    medo wrote:Whats wrong with you lot, has no one read CK's extremely detailed description and answers of the OP's questions try from post 19.

Please am I the only one thinking here whats the point, I'm surrounded by white belts thinking there eighth Dans banghead

I read it and appreciated it very much, I'd never have thought of Dake Wakare, but after the explanation I can see the point.

The Dake Wakare was only obvious to me because I like the technique, I can see how most people would see ura nage though as the "ura nage" has become erroneously a catch all term for any suplex motion in judo imo.
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:34 pm

judoratt
    Speaking about tooting your horn, wasnt that you that promised to train and post a competition video about a year and a half ago? or am I mistaken?
    I've competed since then, I just don't feel like posting it. Especially given the reaction to other vids I posted.

judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Wandering WB wrote:judoratt
    Speaking about tooting your horn, wasnt that you that promised to train and post a competition video about a year and a half ago? or am I mistaken?
    I've competed since then, I just don't feel like posting it. Especially given the reaction to other vids I posted.

Most like Tiabroshi genetic and others are treated prety well when they post videos.
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:41 pm

judoratt
    Most like Tiabroshi genetic and others are treated prety well when they post videos.
    Well I wasn't treated well at all when I posted vids. I will post another video when I have something that I think is interesting to watch.
    JudoStu
    JudoStu

Post by JudoStu Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Wandering WB wrote:judoratt
    Well I wasn't treated well at all when I posted vids. I will post another video when I have something that I think is interesting to watch.

Can we assume that you haven't won any matches yet in competition?
    If so it doesn't matter, you should post them anyway. You may get some tips from some of the more experianced Judoka's here that would help your competition Judo.
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:30 am

Can we assume that you haven't won any matches yet in competition?
    If so it doesn't matter, you should post them anyway. You may get some tips from some of the more experianced Judoka's here that would help your competition Judo.
    You can assume whatever you want, since after all, I am just a humble white belt. I will post when I think I have something that's interesting for others to watch. I would appreciate tips and technical advice from forum members when I post it. Thanks, JudoStu.
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:42 am

why would people not treat you well when you post videos on here? surely it's not your attitude. after all you've been nothing but a beacon of politeness, respectfulness, humility, and willingness to listen to those who know more than you. surely it must be some deep seated jealousy of your self proclaimed superior grappling abilities.

banghead
    NYCNewbie

Post by NYCNewbie Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:08 pm

genetic judoka wrote:why would people not treat you well when you post videos on here? surely it's not your attitude. after all you've been nothing but a beacon of politeness, respectfulness, humility, and willingness to listen to those who know more than you. surely it must be some deep seated jealousy of your self proclaimed superior grappling abilities.

banghead

It's true- WB- look inward, not outward. You are NOT an easy person to converse with on the web.

Your posts often lack humility- and it is always better to be too humble than not humble enough.

tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:14 pm

In WB's defence, he has been a lot better lately than his earlier contributions to either forum.
    As for posting videos,well I have videos of me competing at world masters/commonwealth/national champs but will not post them. I just have'nt got the guts to.
    Even though I medalled in most of the videos I believe they are not a true representation of my judo. Shiai is a different animal to what you practise in a club enviroment.
    So GJ I think WB really is trying to fit in. Give him a chance.
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Lol at all three of you. I'll get you a video as soon as I possibly can without starting a street fight.
    tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:31 pm

No need to post one on my account. I really do not care either way. I respect your decision not to post one.As I said earlier,personally I have'nt got the balls to post one. Some people like to get feedback or justification from their peers when postinmg videos,when the only feedback or justification that matters is between the judoka and his sensei,as they are the only ones who can improve the judokas judo. No amount of advice or critiscism on an internet forum will change that.
    So if I made you "laugh out loud" with my post,at least I cheered you up for a bit.
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:16 am

No need to post one on my account. I really do not care either way. I respect your decision not to post one.As I said earlier,personally I have'nt got the balls to post one. Some people like to get feedback or justification from their peers when postinmg videos,when the only feedback or justification that matters is between the judoka and his sensei,as they are the only ones who can improve the judokas judo. No amount of advice or critiscism on an internet forum will change that.
    So if I made you "laugh out loud" with my post,at least I cheered you up for a bit.
    Well, at least one person gets it. Thank you.
    sodo
    sodo

Post by sodo Tue May 14, 2013 12:22 am

tafftaz wrote:In WB's defence, he has been a lot better lately than his earlier contributions to either forum.
    As for posting videos,well I have videos of me competing at world masters/commonwealth/national champs but will not post them. I just have'nt got the guts to.
    Even though I medalled in most of the videos I believe they are not a true representation of my judo. Shiai is a different animal to what you practise in a club enviroment.
    So GJ I think WB really is trying to fit in. Give him a chance.

sunny

atb

sodo
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Tue May 14, 2013 12:41 am

[quote="sodo"]
    tafftaz wrote:

sunny

atb

sodo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 am