E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+12
Taiobroshi
jkw
Stacey
hedgehogey
Javalina
Jerry Hays
JudoMatt
judoheidi
FightingSpirit
genetic judoka
BillC
judoratt
16 posters

Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

Jerry Hays

Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

Post by Jerry Hays Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Stacey wrote:I am frustrated - the only result I can seem to get are via facebook posts from athletes or their loved ones.

Results at http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Judo/Features/2013/April/13/2013-USA-Judo-Senior-Nationals-Results.aspx
    jkw

Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

Post by jkw Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:55 pm

Jerry Hays wrote:
    Stacey wrote:I am frustrated - the only result I can seem to get are via facebook posts from athletes or their loved ones.

Results at http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Judo/Features/2013/April/13/2013-USA-Judo-Senior-Nationals-Results.aspx

Does this mean that Ishii didn't place? Thanks
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:04 pm

jkw wrote:
    Jerry Hays wrote:

Does this mean that Ishii didn't place? Thanks

Ishii fights today the coach from tenrri LA could give him a run. I would expect the the open to fight about noon today at the earliest.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:49 pm

they moved the open division to the morning session Ishii will be first match up this morning at 9 o'clock.I assume they did it for the Japanese press there's probably 8 cameras here and lots of media. Tokuza is the player that can give Ishii some comp .
    jkw

Post by jkw Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:20 am

judoratt wrote:they moved the open division to the morning session Ishii will be first match up this morning at 9 o'clock.I assume they did it for the Japanese press there's probably 8 cameras here and lots of media. Tokuza is the player that can give Ishii some comp .

Thanks, I saw Mr. Takahashi fighting a line-up and he had very nice judo. Ishii is quite something, though.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:10 am

Ishii's on deck match one
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:15 am

Ishii won first match newaza ippon
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:19 am

I am out time to warm up for masters
    JudoMatt

Post by JudoMatt Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:32 am

Ishii lost in finals to Takahashi (LA Tenri) by Hansoku (leg grab/touch)
    jkw

Post by jkw Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 am

JudoMatt wrote:Ishii lost in finals to Takahashi (LA Tenri) by Hansoku (leg grab/touch)

Ugh, what nonsense.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:55 am

Ishii was much stronger than Takahashi but there was no score for the first three miniuets and it was Ishii's seccond leg grab, he had a very minor one earlier in the match.
    JudoMatt

Post by JudoMatt Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:14 am

Only results I know are 60kg
    1st Aaron Kunihiro
    2nd Matt Dong
    3rd Nick Kossor
    3rd Patrick Mendiola
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Jerry Hays wrote:
    National judo meet a throw away in Va. Beach - http://hamptonroads.com/2013/04/national-judo-meet-throw-away-va-beach

Quote from the article. "Like contests in many niche sports, even at the highest level, the competitors were pretty much the fans."

How could that be? Certainly the game of jacket wresting is now so popular because of the rule changes that the entire DelMarVa area was down there in attendance ... tough it must have been after I left today 'cuz I certainly didn't see many non-judoka.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:25 pm

jkw wrote:
    JudoMatt wrote:Ishii lost in finals to Takahashi (LA Tenri) by Hansoku (leg grab/touch)

Ugh, what nonsense.

Indeed it was. This rule was applied unevenly and therefor unfairly. Not a matter of "interpretation" at all. Saturday the slightest, most invisible whiff of a touch, something only visible by running the CARE system back and forth, was hansokumake.

Today? Saw at least two guys literally yanking on the ankles of their opponents and only matte was called.

I asked and was told why, and the change was intentional. It seems that some thought the rule was being applied "too strictly."

Me, I am of the humble opinion that we either enforce all the rules all the time, or we change the rules ... and by the way it would be nice if the IJF and USA Judo gave our club's two athletes so deposed on Saturday their entry, airfare, and lodging back ... 'cuz their got screwed even without the benefit of taking their zubon off.

P.S. - I don't know where young Mr. Ishii got off to, but there were calling him at the airline gate over and over ... checked in but never showed for the plane.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Final comment of the evening ... if you have access to NHK or TBS sports ... look for our very own Judoratt photo-bombing the post-match interview with young Ishii-san.
    FightingSpirit
    FightingSpirit

Post by FightingSpirit Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Jerry,
    any chance the full final results - brackets will be posted as well?
    Jerry Hays

Post by Jerry Hays Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:08 pm

FightingSpirit wrote:Jerry,
    any chance the full final results - brackets will be posted as well?

I assume that USA Judo will post them on their website. If I find them I will post the link. I have to go to work today, so the next chance I will get to look for them is this evening. If someone else find them, please post a link.
    Taiobroshi
    Taiobroshi

Post by Taiobroshi Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:36 am

JudoMatt wrote:Only results I know are 60kg
    1st Aaron Kunihiro
    2nd Matt Dong
    3rd Nick Kossor
    3rd Patrick Mendiola

Has Nick been out on injury? He didn't compete at the NY Open, yet he's from NY. I ask because as good as Matt is, that flip is a bit of an upset based on the difference in experience. Good for him though!
    Kot
    Kot

Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 2 Empty 2013 USA Judo Senior National Champinships - FULL BRACKETS

Post by Kot Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:03 am

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Judo/Features/2013/April/13/2013-USA-Judo-Senior-Nationals-Results/2013-USA-Judo-Senior-National-Brackets.aspx
    Ouch_that_hurts
    Ouch_that_hurts

Post by Ouch_that_hurts Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:32 am

Anyone have an video of Ishii and Takahshi's match? Id love to see it!
    Thanks!
    JudoMatt

Post by JudoMatt Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:46 am

Taiobroshi wrote:
    1st Aaron Kunihiro
    2nd Matt Dong
    3rd Nick Kossor
    3rd Patrick Mendiola

Has Nick been out on injury? He didn't compete at the NY Open, yet he's from NY. I ask because as good as Matt is, that flip is a bit of an upset based on the difference in experience. Good for him though!

Clash of styles perhaps? Because Matt beat Nick at Srs last year too.
    I think there are plenty of talented players in the US that don't have a lot of "points" due to the cost of travel, to compete Nationally or Internationally.
    Take Patrick Mendiola for instance. He is ranked #14 IJF Junior, yet beat #1 ranked George Truong, who has International experience and many more "points".

judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:53 am

JudoMatt wrote:
    Taiobroshi wrote:
    1st Aaron Kunihiro
    2nd Matt Dong
    3rd Nick Kossor
    3rd Patrick Mendiola

Clash of styles perhaps? Because Matt beat Nick at Srs last year too.
    I think there are plenty of talented players in the US that don't have a lot of "points" due to the cost of travel, to compete Nationally or Internationally.
    Take Patrick Mendiola for instance. He is ranked #14 IJF Junior, yet beat #1 ranked George Truong, who has International experience and many more "points".

It was Mendiola's 1st sr event and would not have gone if they didn't have a brown belt division. He realy fought well all day, I still don't think he knows what a big deal the bronze is.

Jerry Hays

Post by Jerry Hays Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:01 am

Kot wrote:
    http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Judo/Features/2013/April/13/2013-USA-Judo-Senior-Nationals-Results/2013-USA-Judo-Senior-National-Brackets.aspx

Thanks. Any links on the Masters and Kata results and bracket sheets?
    Jerry Hays

Post by Jerry Hays Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:08 pm

Please visit http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Judo/Features/2013/April/15/USA-Judo-Senior-National-Championships-Produce-New-Leaders-of-the-Sport.aspx for VI, Brown Belt and Kata results.
    JudoMatt

Post by JudoMatt Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:34 am

Ouch_that_hurts wrote:Anyone have an video of Ishii and Takahshi's match? Id love to see it!
    Thanks!
    Video has been posted on youtube. search senior nationals judo within the past week

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:39 pm