E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Changes to Matside

Jonesy
    Jonesy

Changes to Matside Empty Changes to Matside

Post by Jonesy Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:04 am

In the most recent issue of "Matside" the BJA magazine, the talented Nicola Fairbrother announces that she is finishing as editor of the magazine, as the BJA, again, wish to take it "in house". Going forwards, the editor of the organ will be a BJA staff member.

I hope that this does not herald "Matside" becoming "Backside" again. In its previous in-house incarnation it was nothing more than a propaganda mouthpiece for the Dear Leader - Chairman White, was parochial in the extreme and largely contained tournament results from meaningless events.

Interesting that this is one of the first changes, Chairman White's protege protégé seems to have made.
    Chilli

Changes to Matside Empty Re: Changes to Matside

Post by Chilli Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:12 am

Er, Fairbrother only edited 4 issues and there was no noticeable difference with those - if anything the content became a little thinner. As she has also been working on Matside for 8 years surely she is also associated with the "previous in-house Incarnation" as you put it.

Anyway, let's give the new editor a chance before you start damning him.
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:25 am

I have concerns about editorial independence and also quality control. Let us see......
    GB-UK
    GB-UK

Post by GB-UK Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:04 am

I noticed that they are also doing away with Koka Kids for the junior members which is a real shame as my kids love it! Wonder what they are replacing it with?
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 am

Sounds to me as if the bast*rds are shafting Nicola the way they shafted Bob Willingham and TWOJ magazine. Reprehensible behaviour!

Think Koka Kids can still be subscribed to independently.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content