E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Logic?

Hanon

Logic? Empty Logic?

Post by Hanon Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:02 am

I was wondering why only dan grades can be celebrated in this section and not a members kyu rank?

I rather enjoy reading about the members passing through the ranks, kyu inclusive.

Mike
    Stacey
    Stacey

Logic? Empty Re: Logic?

Post by Stacey Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:01 am

It's not a rule. I'm sure as more kyu ranks join and participate, they'll let us help celebrate their promotions as well.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:03 am

Stacey wrote:It's not a rule. I'm sure as more kyu ranks join and participate, they'll let us help celebrate their promotions as well.

I don't think you have read the opening remit by Jonesy? he specifically writes kyu rank posts will be deleted? Why?

How are you doing kidda?

Mike
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:10 am

what opening remit?

I'm unaware of any policy stating that kyus announcing rank will have their posts deleted.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:12 am

Stacey wrote:what opening remit?

I'm unaware of any policy stating that kyus announcing rank will have their posts deleted.

The first post here.

"This area has been introduced to centralise and help people localise information about rank, promotion requirements and procedures. Please post all information, questions and discussions about such matters here.

Please do not make post along the lines "Gee I just got my 6 kyu" - they will be immediately deleted. Announcements of Forum Members' promotion into and within the dan grades are acceptable in the sub-area only.

Additionally, members are reminded that all posts should still respect people's privacy and that here is not supposed to be a public debate or database of individual's ranks. Posts like "I've heard that A.N. Other's rank is fake, is that true ?" are inappropriate for this section too."

Mike
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 pm

Logic 1 = because we will be swamped with announcements.

Logic 2 = because many kyu grades are transitory to judo.

Logic 3 = because receiving a dan grade is a significant event in a judoka's career and marks, or should mark a transition point.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Jonesy wrote:Logic 1 = because we will be swamped with announcements.

Logic 2 = because many kyu grades are transitory to judo.

Logic 3 = because receiving a dan grade is a significant event in a judoka's career and marks, or should mark a transition point.

1, With only 367 members here I cant see any tsunami of kyu grade celebrations being posted here.

2, The drop of rate is just as poor in dan ranks as kyu ranks its a question of ratio.

3, Every rank is significant to the person who receives it be it 7th kyu or 7th dan.

4. Have we not seen enough elite behaviour to last us a life time? One of the major criticism of the dan ranks is we are less friendly and caring about their needs. Comments like yours only help enforce this negative attitude.
    I like to see posts from all posters who are proud they have received a new promotion.
    It has been one of the only highlights of forum membership for me to see the new kyu ranks as they progress through to dan rank.

Mike
    JudoMojo
    JudoMojo

Post by JudoMojo Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:32 am

This forum is smaller than the original judo forum, yet I never felt that kyu grade promotion threads got anywhere near out of hand there.
    If only dan grade promotion threads are allowed here, then it will probably be the most desolate and least commented part of the forum.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:56 am

JudoMojo wrote:This forum is smaller than the original judo forum, yet I never felt that kyu grade promotion threads got anywhere near out of hand there.
    If only dan grade promotion threads are allowed here, then it will probably be the most desolate and least commented part of the forum.

I agree and if I may write out of turn I have no idea, given the very limited membership here, why this subject warrants a separate forum in the first place? Harmless enough but is it needed?

Never mind eh.

Mike
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:42 am

OK. We will remove the promotion announcements and restrict it to debate of promotion processes etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:33 am