E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Who the next UK 9 dan promotions should be

Jonesy
    Jonesy

Who the next UK 9 dan promotions should be Empty Who the next UK 9 dan promotions should be

Post by Jonesy Mon May 13, 2013 6:47 pm

With yesterday's very deserved promotion to 9 dan for Roy Inman and Colin McIver, surely the time must now be right to promote the cases of the two remaining Olympians from Tokyo 1964 - Brian Jacks and Syd Hoare.

Arguably, no one has done more to popularise judo and capture the imagination of the British people than Brian Jacks (and yes I know he now lives in Thailand). On his competitive record alone, Jacks merits 9 dan.

As well as being an international and Olympian, Syd Hoare is a former BJA Chairman, multi-published author and Japanese historian and scholar.

With their 1964 team-mates Alan Pethebridge and Tony Sweeney now longstanding 9 dan holders, I here make the call for Brian and Syd to be likewise honoured.
    JudoStu
    JudoStu

Who the next UK 9 dan promotions should be Empty Re: Who the next UK 9 dan promotions should be

Post by JudoStu Wed May 15, 2013 2:51 am

Jonesy wrote:With yesterday's very deserved promotion to 9 dan for Roy Inman and Colin McIver, surely the time must now be right to promote the cases of the two remaining Olympians from Tokyo 1964 - Brian Jacks and Syd Hoare.

Arguably, no one has done more to popularise judo and capture the imagination of the British people than Brian Jacks (and yes I know he now lives in Thailand). On his competitive record alone, Jacks merits 9 dan.

As well as being an international and Olympian, Syd Hoare is a former BJA Chairman, multi-published author and Japanese historian and scholar.

With their 1964 team-mates Alan Pethebridge and Tony Sweeney now longstanding 9 dan holders, I here make the call for Brian and Syd to be likewise honoured.

Brian Jacks is probably the most well known Judoka in the UK, due mainly to his exploits in Superstars and
    as he is the President at one of the clubs I train at I second his promotion to 9th dan
    Robert Thomas

Who the next UK 9 dan promotions should be Empty Brian Jacks.

Post by Robert Thomas Fri May 31, 2013 9:56 pm

JudoStu wrote:
    Jonesy wrote:With yesterday's very deserved promotion to 9 dan for Roy Inman and Colin McIver, surely the time must now be right to promote the cases of the two remaining Olympians from Tokyo 1964 - Brian Jacks and Syd Hoare.

Brian Jacks is probably the most well known Judoka in the UK, due mainly to his exploits in Superstars and
    as he is the President at one of the clubs I train at I second his promotion to 9th dan

I would like to say that I know that Brian Jacks is a very fine judoka and I also knew him personally quite well from many years ago and He had done a lot for judo. However,the fact he has retired from judo for a very long time about fifteen years and is no longer a member of the BJA I fail to see what point there would be in promoting him.I would like to see Syd promoted though as he lives in the UK and also has an excellent record.

Sponsored content

Who the next UK 9 dan promotions should be Empty Re: Who the next UK 9 dan promotions should be

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am