E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Ko-uchi gari - Jane Bridge-Charlot

Jonesy
    Jonesy

Ko-uchi gari - Jane Bridge-Charlot Empty Ko-uchi gari - Jane Bridge-Charlot

Post by Jonesy Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Richard Riehle

Ko-uchi gari - Jane Bridge-Charlot Empty Re: Ko-uchi gari - Jane Bridge-Charlot

Post by Richard Riehle Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:52 am

I tell my students that Ko-uchi-gari is a "banana peel" technique.  Uke's foot should slide forward as if having stepped on a slippery surface, not be lifted from the mat.    Once it is lifted from the mat, all uke's weight is transferred to the other foot.   However, when weight is allowed to remain on the slipping foot (the foot being slid forward in the direction the toes are pointed), uke will quite easily drop becaus the support is being removed.  
    NittyRanks
    NittyRanks

Post by NittyRanks Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:37 am

It's in French but you can really get the gist of it. Pretty cool!
    Gus

Post by Gus Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Yeah - thats the way Aki used to teach it (second half of vid two) - my favourite technique. Sole of your foot contacts heel sweeping in the directions toes are pointing - great stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:20 pm