E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
judoratt
charlietuna
6 posters

Visiting San Francisco looking to play some judo

charlietuna

Visiting San Francisco looking to play some judo Empty Visiting San Francisco looking to play some judo

Post by charlietuna Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:24 am

So, I'm visiting San Francisco for a few days, and might end up moving down there in a month or so. I was hoping to drop in on a judo club in the area. I'm a shodan, and I think I'd be comfortable at most clubs. I was wondering if any of you had any recent experiences at any of the clubs down there or knew anyone who attends? It's difficult to pick up the vibe of the club from their websites (if they have one). Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. I wasn't sure where to put this topic, so I just put it in the most populated spot. If there's a better section for it, feel free to move it there.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Visiting San Francisco looking to play some judo Empty Re: Visiting San Francisco looking to play some judo

Post by judoratt Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Willie Cahill is great
    radzfman

Visiting San Francisco looking to play some judo Empty Re: Visiting San Francisco looking to play some judo

Post by radzfman Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:04 am

I will second that. Cahill in San Bruno by the airport is good.
    Richard Riehle

Post by Richard Riehle Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:07 pm

San Francisco Judo Institute on Taraval Street.  
    Mits Kimura Judo Club
    Check the Hokka Yudanshakai Web Site for addresses of both.
    timoliveira

Post by timoliveira Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:39 pm

http://www.hokkajudo.org/hokkaclubs.html
    r12477

Post by r12477 Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:28 pm

Richard Riehle wrote:San Francisco Judo Institute on Taraval Street.

I would second the vote for SFJI - I found the club very friendly and welcoming when I travelled to San Francisco earlier this year.

Another option, depending on where you are going to be based in San Francisco, is East Bay Judo Institute (http://www.ebji.org/). For me this club was a little far out and the mat space small, but the instructor on the night that I trained there (Nate Torra) was friendly, very knowledgeable and provided a really good training session. Certainly worth visiting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 pm