E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Toraki Premium or Fushida Tournament?

markedigital

Toraki Premium or Fushida Tournament? Empty Toraki Premium or Fushida Tournament?

Post by markedigital Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:36 am

I'm in the market for a new gi and I've narrowed it down to the Toraki Premium and the Fushida Tournament. The Fushida costs about $20 more with shipping. Does anyone have experience with these two gi's and if so is the Fushida worth the extra cost?

Thanks,

Mark
    OldeEnglishD
    OldeEnglishD

Toraki Premium or Fushida Tournament? Empty Re: Toraki Premium or Fushida Tournament?

Post by OldeEnglishD Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:27 am

markedigital wrote:I'm in the market for a new gi and I've narrowed it down to the Toraki Premium and the Fushida Tournament. The Fushida costs about $20 more with shipping. Does anyone have experience with these two gi's and if so is the Fushida worth the extra cost?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

I have both the Fushida Tournament and the Toraki Premium. Both are nice, but the Fushida is hands down my favorite. Even though both are 1.5 weaves, the Fushida is noticeably heavier, almost double weave thickness. The Fushida pants are also more heavy duty than the Toraki. The Toraki thickness to me is almost identical to a single weave Mizuno (which I also have). Both are a very good gi for the price, but I would spend the extra $20 every day to get a Fushida. Christo at Fushida will make sure you get the right fitment, and their customer service is awesome.

Matt
    OldeEnglishD
    OldeEnglishD

Toraki Premium or Fushida Tournament? Empty Re: Toraki Premium or Fushida Tournament?

Post by OldeEnglishD Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:28 am

Mark,

I also meant to tell you that I have had the Fushida for over 2 years and it hardly has any signs of wear and tear. I wear it 2-3 times a week.

Matt
    markedigital

Post by markedigital Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:41 am

Matt,

Thanks for the response. The reason that I picked those 2 was because I want a gi that isn't heavy. I'd like a gi that doesn't get too hot and that allows me to move freely but is still strong and durable. Would you still recommend the Fushida?

Thanks again,

Mark
    markedigital

Post by markedigital Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:43 am

Also do you have any experience with the Mizuno keiko?
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Post by afulldeck Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:51 am

markedigital wrote:Also do you have any experience with the Mizuno keiko?

I found Mizuno sleeves are too short. Fushida has more of the European sizing with longer sleeves.
    OldeEnglishD
    OldeEnglishD

Post by OldeEnglishD Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:55 pm

afulldeck wrote:
    markedigital wrote:Also do you have any experience with the Mizuno keiko?

I found Mizuno sleeves are too short. Fushida has more of the European sizing with longer sleeves.

I only have the Mizuno single weave, but agree that the sleeves are very short.

If lightness is your main factor in the decision I would go with the Toraki, but if durability is the most important factor I would go with Fushida. The Fushida just feels much more durable and has handled over 2 years of rolling 2-3 times a week great for me.
    markedigital

Post by markedigital Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:47 am

Matt,

Just one more question. How is the fit of the Fushida compared to the Toraki? Just a side note, both companies should take better pictures of their product especially Toraki.

Thanks,

Mark
    OldeEnglishD
    OldeEnglishD

Post by OldeEnglishD Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:11 am

markedigital wrote:Matt,

Just one more question. How is the fit of the Fushida compared to the Toraki? Just a side note, both companies should take better pictures of their product especially Toraki.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

I agree on the pictures! The Toraki runs a little bigger than the Fushida. I am 5'7 and 165. In the Toraki I wear a 3.5 and in the Fushida I wear a 4. Both are a nice slim fit without a ton of extra room in the chest area, the Toraki has narrower/slimmer arms. Other than that they are very similar. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Matt

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:42 pm