E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
JudoStu
OldeEnglishD
6 posters

Got my first promotion in BJJ

OldeEnglishD
    OldeEnglishD

Got my first promotion in BJJ Empty Got my first promotion in BJJ

Post by OldeEnglishD Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 pm

So I have recently added 2 BJJ classes per week to my schedule (which became a huge topic thread on the old site), and I am proud to report that tonight I received a double promotion! I am now a 2 stripe white belt. My instructor advised that I should be a blue belt within 6-8 months if I stay on track. I am loving BJJ and how well it fits in with my Judo. My son goes to both Judo and BJJ as well (he was promoted to 1 stripe last week), and he is having a blast as well.
    JudoStu
    JudoStu

Got my first promotion in BJJ Empty Re: Got my first promotion in BJJ

Post by JudoStu Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:47 am

Well done. Training that many times a week at your age can't be easy. I should know, i'm also 40.
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:55 am

I may be starting training BJJ regularly at a local school tomorrow. I've visited other schools with my friends a few times before, but I intend to start actually practicing it regularly, and eventually entering BJJ competitions as well. I always thought of myself as somewhat of a judo purist, but I kinda want to expand my horizons.
    Dutch Budo
    Dutch Budo

Post by Dutch Budo Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:44 am

Nowadays my judo skills ive learnt over the years are more applicable in BJJ than in Judo. Keep at it bro and soon youll be a black belt Wink

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:58 am

Congratulations Very Happy I am also doing both - I also started doing Judo and was bit of a purist - I started training it when there wasnt any Judo clubs around. Now I really like BJJ as well - it fits perfectly with Judo and usually has less injuries - though I did break my nose today (possibly) . I see them as two aspects of the same martial art - its amazing how some of the attitudes in BJJ are similar too.
    OldeEnglishD
    OldeEnglishD

Post by OldeEnglishD Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Dew wrote:Congratulations Very Happy I am also doing both - I also started doing Judo and was bit of a purist - I started training it when there wasnt any Judo clubs around. Now I really like BJJ as well - it fits perfectly with Judo and usually has less injuries - though I did break my nose today (possibly) . I see them as two aspects of the same martial art - its amazing how some of the attitudes in BJJ are similar too.

I share your view of two aspects of the same art. It just feels like an extended newaza class with a few new moves.
    sodo
    sodo

Post by sodo Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:11 pm

Well done cheers
    atb
    sodo lite
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:29 am

OldeEnglishD wrote:So I have recently added 2 BJJ classes per week to my schedule (which became a huge topic thread on the old site), and I am proud to report that tonight I received a double promotion! I am now a 2 stripe white belt. My instructor advised that I should be a blue belt within 6-8 months if I stay on track. I am loving BJJ and how well it fits in with my Judo. My son goes to both Judo and BJJ as well (he was promoted to 1 stripe last week), and he is having a blast as well.

Many congratulations.

Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 am