E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Ultimate Fighter show with Ronda Rousey

Judoman

Ultimate Fighter show with Ronda Rousey Empty Ultimate Fighter show with Ronda Rousey

Post by Judoman Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:48 am

Wondering if anyone has recently watched the new Ultimate Fighter show with Ronda Rousey. To put it lightly, her behavior has been childish and at times belligerent. I know Ronda has apparently stepped away from Judo but she still seems to be put up (for promotional purposes) as the face of Judo these days by some. Judo practitioners are often proud of the philosophical and Budo elements to the art. With that being the case, do you think Ronda’s exemplifying what Judo is all about?

Tai-Jutsu
    Tai-Jutsu

Ultimate Fighter show with Ronda Rousey Empty Re: Ultimate Fighter show with Ronda Rousey

Post by Tai-Jutsu Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:52 am

As much as I used to like to see the training I no longer watch those shows because they are all more about the drama and the acting out than the competition.

And even further removed from martial arts.

Not to the OP, but I willl put out a caution that if we get into this watch yourselves and stick to fact because the Mama Gator is around and I for one would not want to piss her off by saying a dan thing about her little girl than is true or put as a question.

And I know my little girl might do things when she's a woman I might not like. They are people and not pets.
    poundsand

Ultimate Fighter show with Ronda Rousey Empty Re: Ultimate Fighter show with Ronda Rousey

Post by poundsand Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:38 am

I think you're probably thinking of it too much as a documentary, and not enough as a reality show edited to maximize ratings. Very Happy
    Tai-Jutsu
    Tai-Jutsu

Post by Tai-Jutsu Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Oh I know what it is alright. I get why they do that but it still sucks.

More people like pop music than good music.

More people do TKD in the USA than Juod or Ju Jutsu.

I get it, I just don;t like it much.

Hmmmm, I'm ghetting old!Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:58 am