E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

British Championships for Cadets/PreCadets 12th-13th Jan 2013

JudoMum
    JudoMum

British Championships for Cadets/PreCadets 12th-13th Jan 2013 Empty British Championships for Cadets/PreCadets 12th-13th Jan 2013

Post by JudoMum Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:28 pm

Am surprised to see no thoughts or discussion on this on the forum!

So to start - I am at home watching this event via the live streaming - son watching bits and pieces as a learning thing. He has clubmates competing and also wanted to watch his own weight/age group even though he is not yet of a grade/standard to compete at this level.

Lousy picture quality and no sound, but at least can get the gist of what is going on... Or we could yesterday, no streaming today due to 'technical difficulties'. How hard can it be to press the 'on' button on the cameras set up for yesterday?

The debacle in the cadet boys over 90kg final...
    This contest went to a hantei decision and was awarded on a split vote to the player wearing a blue judogi. I understand that at the medal ceremony, ten minutes after the players left the mat, this player was very publicly made to give back his gold medal which was then awarded to his opponent.

Timing - the finals block started at 7pm so some youngsters were competing nearly 12 hours after they had weighed in which seems madness for 12 year olds...

Anyone have any thoughts on the event?
    Peahen

British Championships for Cadets/PreCadets 12th-13th Jan 2013 Empty Re: British Championships for Cadets/PreCadets 12th-13th Jan 2013

Post by Peahen Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:59 am

Hi

Not enough of us over here yet methinks, slowly we are appearing and conversations and discussions will occur.
    I agree the 90 over turn was farcical and also finals at 7 pm was ridiculous

MOre interested in the juniors and seniors to be honest.
    Secret Squirrel

British Championships for Cadets/PreCadets 12th-13th Jan 2013 Empty Re: British Championships for Cadets/PreCadets 12th-13th Jan 2013

Post by Secret Squirrel Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:29 pm

Only just joined the site..... after looking at the results of all the British Championships/Trials, I would suggest there will be an awful lot more interest being paid towards our cadet players than my learned friend above affords them.

Some excellent results for cadets at the Junior trials and some superb results for Juniors at the Senior trials.Let's not forget develop starts at an early age. Personally, the players looking to qualify for 2016 and 2020 (with perhaps a couple of exceptions only) will ALL come from our current cadets and juniors.... brave shout, perhaps, but...........

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:27 pm