E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Tai Otoshi with ippon seoi nage grip

Stujitsu

Tai Otoshi with ippon seoi nage grip Empty Tai Otoshi with ippon seoi nage grip

Post by Stujitsu Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:30 pm

I essentially want to know if I can accomplish tai otoshi with the same grip as ippon seoi nage. I have seen variations where one positions ones foot outside uke's like tai otoshi. I have seen it called seoi otoshi but so also, drop knee versions are called. I am wondering if I can use the grip to guide uke to trip rather than carry them over the back.
    noboru
    noboru

Tai Otoshi with ippon seoi nage grip Empty Re: Tai Otoshi with ippon seoi nage grip

Post by noboru Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:10 am

You can try to it. But I think that the kind of gripping as is used in Ippon Seoinage is good / better for carry them over the back.

Gripping in using Taiotoshi in current matches is nice theme and way how to do it. I found theses video shots from matches and it showed me, that using Morote Seoi grip whith using knee is current way. Sometimes it looks like as Seoiotoshi, sometimes ippn seoi grip is used.

https://youtu.be/tdw-1cMwPFw?t=13
    petrip

Tai Otoshi with ippon seoi nage grip Empty Re: Tai Otoshi with ippon seoi nage grip

Post by petrip Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:44 pm

Sure can but it will not be tai-otoshi as it change the throw mechanics. Opponet cannot be dropped if you upper body gets into way. It more like seionage where you spread your legs instead bend

Like above linked video there spreadleg ipponseionage. ans uke clearly gets airborne like in seionage not taiotoshi.

Then again in competition who cares what woudl be the correct name. as long as they down it is fine

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:47 am