E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+6
OldeEnglishD
Stacey
BillC
heikojr
Cichorei Kano
genetic judoka
10 posters

awesome things to make out of bacon

genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

awesome things to make out of bacon Empty awesome things to make out of bacon

Post by genetic judoka Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:45 am

here, I'll start the ball rolling:
    BACON SHELL TACOS!
    awesome things to make out of bacon _DSC0950
    awesome things to make out of bacon IMG_4529
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

awesome things to make out of bacon Empty Re: awesome things to make out of bacon

Post by Cichorei Kano Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:28 am

The first pic looks yummy, but I have some concerns about the calories and saturated fat.

Another thought is that if you hadn't been married yet, you could have considered getting married to bacon. There are precedents, you know.

heikojr
    heikojr

awesome things to make out of bacon Empty Re: awesome things to make out of bacon

Post by heikojr Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Is the main theme here BACON?

My mother gave me a bottle of Bakon Vodka for Christmas one year --- yes, bacon flavored vodka!

It tasted like Bacos!

It was interesting for a shot... or maybe in a bloody mary. I did have a friend who thought it was great and wanted to put it on a salad!?!

heikojr
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:42 pm

genetic judoka wrote:here, I'll start the ball rolling:
    BACON SHELL TACOS!
    awesome things to make out of bacon _DSC0950
    awesome things to make out of bacon IMG_4529

Greetings from China. Is bacon political? Because the Great Firewall certainly shuts down your link about a half a second after it connects.

Went here today with First Waffle ... she did her Master's thesis on propoganda ... seriously it was an excellent and worthwhile use of a Saturday morning. One of the best museums I have been to in years.

http://www.shanghaipropagandaart.com/home.asp?class=beautifuf_book

Edit: whadda ya know ... a few seconds after I posted ... thanks to Mr. Xi ... bacon has been rehabilitated it seems.
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:27 am

EVERYTHING is better with bacon. Though, there's a bar in East Dubuque that offers deep fried bacon, and the mere thought of that gives me a heart attack and bumps me up a weight class.

Has anybody tried bacon ice cream? I just can't. Give me chocolate, vanilla, and banana any day. Bacon? meh - I'll keep it for everything else.
    OldeEnglishD
    OldeEnglishD

Post by OldeEnglishD Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:36 am

Stacey wrote:EVERYTHING is better with bacon. Though, there's a bar in East Dubuque that offers deep fried bacon, and the mere thought of that gives me a heart attack and bumps me up a weight class.

Has anybody tried bacon ice cream? I just can't. Give me chocolate, vanilla, and banana any day. Bacon? meh - I'll keep it for everything else.

Never had ice cream, but maple bacon donuts are awesome!
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:06 am

OldeEnglishD wrote:
    Stacey wrote:EVERYTHING is better with bacon. Though, there's a bar in East Dubuque that offers deep fried bacon, and the mere thought of that gives me a heart attack and bumps me up a weight class.

Never had ice cream, but maple bacon donuts are awesome!

that I can believe, but ice cream? I'm just not sold on the concept.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:43 am

I am very pleased to hear that you have kept up with things and know how to appreciate bacon. Have you tried out Bacon Latte yet ?

However, are you trying to tell me that you haven't tried out our delicious Jack-in-the-Box Bacon Milk Shake yet ?!!
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:09 am

sorry, bacon is a wonderful thing, but Jack in the Box doesn't exist where I live
    Quicksilver
    Quicksilver

Post by Quicksilver Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:46 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:

I am very pleased to hear that you have kept up with things and know how to appreciate bacon. Have you tried out Bacon Latte yet ?

However, are you trying to tell me that you haven't tried out our delicious Jack-in-the-Box Bacon Milk Shake yet ?!!

Bacon latte!? Take the milkshake if you want, but please, spare the coffee, there are people who depend on that coffee to grant them the strength to face the universe. I'll grant you that bacon is good and it certainly has its place, but, coffee.
    cuivien
    cuivien

Post by cuivien Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:55 am

Quicksilver wrote:

Bacon latte!? Take the milkshake if you want, but please, spare the coffee, there are people who depend on that coffee to grant them the strength to face the universe. I'll grant you that bacon is good and it certainly has its place, but, coffee.

One of said people checking in, sir.

On topic, I'm spending a couple of days in Oxford now, and on my way back to the college I'm visiting last night I was lured into a chocolate shop that was selling; yep, you guessed it: 70% cocoa chocolate bacon fudge!
    It was decent, but the girl I'm visiting refused to even try it Crying or Very sad Then, she used her feminine powers to convince me to buy the incredibly heavy, super-sweet double caramel choco-fugde instead
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

awesome things to make out of bacon Empty Armadillo Eggs

Post by Ben Reinhardt Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:43 am

Armadillo Eggs!

You'll have to google it as the file won't upload !
    heikojr
    heikojr

Post by heikojr Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:55 am

Ben Reinhardt wrote:Armadillo Eggs!

I read your post, looked it up, got a few differing recipes and made it at my sister-in-laws restaurant last night (it's a Mexican restaurant). I made them just for the employees. I made them with both fresh and pickled peppers. Everyone loved them so much that i have to make them again tonight... for the special!

Thanks!
    heikojr
    rjohnston411
    rjohnston411

Post by rjohnston411 Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:21 am

Bacon pancakes, of course, or the bacon weave.

Mind you, good bacon from the centre cuts are always better. Artisinal, fresh as possible from a local farm if possible. Good old bacon.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:21 am

heikojr wrote:
    Ben Reinhardt wrote:Armadillo Eggs!

I read your post, looked it up, got a few differing recipes and made it at my sister-in-laws restaurant last night (it's a Mexican restaurant). I made them just for the employees. I made them with both fresh and pickled peppers. Everyone loved them so much that i have to make them again tonight... for the special!

Thanks!
    heikojr

The ones I was trying to post are the Jalapeno cream cheese bacon ones, grilled preferably. My sister made a batch last Thanksgiving and I nearly moved in with her and my brother and law!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 am