E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Is the Questions section necessary?

Poll

What do you think?

[ 6 ]
    Is the Questions section necessary?  Bar_left60%Is the Questions section necessary?  Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Is the Questions section necessary?  Bar_left40%Is the Questions section necessary?  Bar_right [40%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Taiobroshi
    Taiobroshi

Is the Questions section necessary?  Empty Is the Questions section necessary?

Post by Taiobroshi Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:38 am

I've always wondered what the point of that section was on the old forum because it seems much more appropriate to ask a question under a topically relevant section. Also nobody has posted in it yet, probably because Dew has covered most of our bases...

From a potential user's perspective, empty sections are a red flag that the forum isn't happening and the community isn't that active.
    JudoSensei
    JudoSensei

Is the Questions section necessary?  Empty Re: Is the Questions section necessary?

Post by JudoSensei Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:04 am

I was constantly moving topics to the Questions forum because they did not fit easily anywhere else. For example, where would someone post a topic about how to find a judo class in Omaha, or if anyone knows an old judo teacher named Ben, or how do you tie back your long hair? Most of the questions were sort of personal or had limited value to the general membership. Of course, any question about history went to that forum, gear questions went to gear, etc. Still there were a lot of questions that end up in the Open forum that are not of interest to most people. The questions forum also invites new members to ask things they wouldn't want to put in the open discussion area.

In the old JF Questions section there are over 3082 topics, and 32,359 replies -- more than 13 other forum sections making it the 5th most popular section of the forum.

The fact that there are no questions posted in the first weeks of this forum doesn't mean much. For 100 members there are way too many forums here anyways. The number of forums should grow only as the volume of posts demand it for better organization, but I have no doubt that if the membership grows, especially new members, then some questions will be asked.
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Is the Questions section necessary?  Empty Re: Is the Questions section necessary?

Post by genetic judoka Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:45 am

is the questions forum gone? looks like the "no" vote won out. and I was just looking for it to post a question that does not fit well in any other forum.
    JudoSensei
    JudoSensei

Post by JudoSensei Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 pm

It looks like it is gone. I guess my post wasn't convincing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:57 pm