E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

User Article/Blog Post Section?

Taiobroshi
    Taiobroshi

User Article/Blog Post Section? Empty User Article/Blog Post Section?

Post by Taiobroshi Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:54 am

Has anybody entertained the idea of a section for longer-length user content? In the past few weeks on the old forum Instructor-Coach has been posting a bunch of well-meaning articles and, perhaps, this could be a way for people with blogs to post their ideas and get feedback while still remaining on one website. They would have to post text-versions only, but could link to their blogs at the end.

...absolutely no personal investment in testing this idea. None whatsoever. Wink
    Admin
    Admin

User Article/Blog Post Section? Empty Re: User Article/Blog Post Section?

Post by Admin Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:01 am

Taiobroshi wrote:Has anybody entertained the idea of a section for longer-length user content? In the past few weeks on the old forum Instructor-Coach has been posting a bunch of well-meaning articles and, perhaps, this could be a way for people with blogs to post their ideas and get feedback while still remaining on one website. They would have to post text-versions only, but could link to their blogs at the end.

...absolutely no personal investment in testing this idea. None whatsoever. Wink

Hi,
    Id be happy to implement it but Im not sure what you mean exactly ? Ill happily give you admin privelidges if hou think you can implement this yourself - otherwise give me an example and Ill see what I can do .
    Taiobroshi
    Taiobroshi

Post by Taiobroshi Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:18 am

So basically, this user has posted his content on several sub-forums on the old Judoforum:

62813-strike-back-self-defense-part-1/page__pid__719072__st__0&#entry719072
    62814-what-is-judo-coaching/page__view__findpost__p__719074__fromsearch__1
    62763-the-social-component-of-judo-development/page__view__findpost__p__718653__fromsearch__1

I think a separate area where full-length articles written by users would be more appropriate for soliciting feedback, since posting them in topical discussion forums interrupts the flow. Traditional forums are meant to answer questions about general topics so the collective forum can come up with a consensus, whereas a long essay is a statement of your own beliefs that you expect people to react to. It's basically like the "News" sections for user-written content.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:26 am

Taiobroshi wrote:So basically, this user has posted his content on several sub-forums on the old Judoforum:

62813-strike-back-self-defense-part-1/page__pid__719072__st__0&#entry719072
    62814-what-is-judo-coaching/page__view__findpost__p__719074__fromsearch__1
    62763-the-social-component-of-judo-development/page__view__findpost__p__718653__fromsearch__1

I think a separate area where full-length articles written by users would be more appropriate for soliciting feedback, since posting them in topical discussion forums interrupts the flow. Traditional forums are meant to answer questions about general topics so the collective forum can come up with a consensus, whereas a long essay is a statement of your own beliefs that you expect people to react to. It's basically like the "News" sections for user-written content.

Ah ok - I think I get you - what should this subforum be titled ? Articles ? Blogs ?
    Taiobroshi
    Taiobroshi

Post by Taiobroshi Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:53 am

That works, or something more general like "User Content." I recall someone posting pictures of their judo art work a while back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:02 am