E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Another contaminated water leak at Fukushima plant

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Another contaminated water leak at Fukushima plant Empty Another contaminated water leak at Fukushima plant

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:27 am

http://news.yahoo.com/another-contaminated-water-leak-japans-fukushima-nuclear-plant-072121232.html
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Another contaminated water leak at Fukushima plant Empty Re: Another contaminated water leak at Fukushima plant

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:59 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/japan-nuke-agency-urges-drastic-steps-fukushima-062501798.html
    NBK
    NBK

Another contaminated water leak at Fukushima plant Empty Re: Another contaminated water leak at Fukushima plant

Post by NBK Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:01 pm

The leaks at Fukushima are near meaninglessly small amounts.  It is sensational to report out of context.  

An old colleague from the US Embassy, Tokyo, sent by the State Department to advise the US Ambassador on nuclear issues after the earthquake, recently wrote this article, trying to describe just how small the impact of the additional leaks are. They are being blown out of proportion to sell headlines and for political purposes, not reasonable concerns regarding health.  
    http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/10/how-fukushima-is-contaminating-more-water/280671/
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:52 am

NBK wrote:The leaks at Fukushima are near meaninglessly small amounts.  It is sensational to report out of context.  

An old colleague from the US Embassy, Tokyo, sent by the State Department to advise the US Ambassador on nuclear issues after the earthquake, recently wrote this article, trying to describe just how small the impact of the additional leaks are.  They are being blown out of proportion to sell headlines and for political purposes, not reasonable concerns regarding health.    
    http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/10/how-fukushima-is-contaminating-more-water/280671/
    What political purposes?  You Americans are so full of crap ...

I am so worried about the Fukushima disaster that I have already stopped asking if Bo Xilai will die of air pollution before he can be disassembled and his organs sold at auction to some political crony of Park Geun-hye along with the remnants of Saint Edward Snowden's hard drive ... a proper Sotheby's auction of course ... not the Chinese kind.
    Wink WinkWink
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:17 pm

NBK wrote:The leaks at Fukushima are near meaninglessly small amounts.  It is sensational to report out of context.  

An old colleague from the US Embassy, Tokyo, sent by the State Department to advise the US Ambassador on nuclear issues after the earthquake, recently wrote this article, trying to describe just how small the impact of the additional leaks are.  They are being blown out of proportion to sell headlines and for political purposes, not reasonable concerns regarding health.    
    It seems to me that this article isn't at all about the extent of leaks of radiation, whether meaningless or not, but simply about improving the efficiency of the chain of command in optimizing the management process to deal with potential problems or those that might have occurred. Evaluation and optimizing management processes seems to me a meritorious objective even in the absence of any incident.

The sort of things that you highlight on the other hand get a variety of views, for example, here:

http://www.cfact.org/2013/10/12/physicist-there-was-no-fukushima-nuclear-disaster/

http://enenews.com/nuclear-engineer-so-many-different-ways-to-destabilize-fukushima-reactor-buildings-and-melted-cores-japan-academic-facilities-at-plant-very-unstable-fuel-rods-very-vulnerable-videos
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Speak to the point, I'll address your points.

Speak to the ether, you're on your own.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:05 pm

NBK wrote:Speak to the point, I'll address your points.

Speak to the ether, you're on your own.
    If you are addressing me, I have no points to make. I am only providing a news link of things that might be of interest to readers, like I do often. Most news links I provide I post in the second subforum ('News'). News links that are not about judo I provide in the bottom forum on random things, which is how it is designated by the structure and goals of this forum. You seem to suggest that posting a news link would imply that the person posting it underwrites a position taken in that link. I posted a news link on the death of Lou Reed the day before. It's 'news', not my "personal opinion editorial". I do not personally know Lou Reed, have never met the man, and have no opinion about his death other than it is tremendously sad for his loved ones and his fans. I am not 'personally' involved in any of these matters, nor do I have anything to gain or would I care about what people tend to believe. I am now going to post a news link about "Judo guru Sammy Tam kick-starts careers of thousands of students", not because I think it is good or bad, agree or disagree, but because it is 'news', period. I do not even know who the heck "Sammy Tam" is, never even met or heard a word about the man. I will similarly continue to post links on Fukushima or anything else (food, transportation, economy, showbusiness, fashion, whatever) either directly related to judo, or related to Japan in a way that may be of interest to judoka visiting Japan, or even if irrelevant but possibly of interest to judoka, irrespective of what my opinion is. I don't post newslinks in order for people to join a cause, viewpoint, policy or hypothesis. If ... I have a personal interest in anything to the extent that I am in need to clarification or explanation, then, I assure you, I know where to get it, and it would likely not be here. Lastly, I am most certainly not going to stop posting news links just because someone either agrees or disagrees with the contents of such link, given that it is only logical that people will either agree or disagree with the contents of news reports. Try to dissociate a person posting a link from a person actually authoring the contents of that link. Over to "Judo guru Sammy Tam kick-starts careers of thousands of students".

Last edited by Cichorei Kano on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Another contaminated water leak at Fukushima plant Empty Japan Today (29 Oct 2013): "Niigata governor says TEPCO can't be trusted to restart another nuclear plant" (...)

Post by Cichorei Kano Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:47 pm

http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/niigata-governor-says-tepco-cant-be-trusted-to-restart-another-nuclear-plant

And also:

"Tepco refuses to fund outside cleanup" (...):

"Tokyo Electric Power is refusing to reimburse the Environment Ministry for more than ¥30 billion that has been spent to decontaminate land hit by radioactive fallout from the Fukushima reactors" (...) (Kazuaki Nagata, for the Japan Times, 29 Oct 2013)

Meanwhile, progress is announced in Reactor 4: "Tepco eyes fuel removal from Fukushima reactor 4 pool in early November" (...)

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/10/23/national/tepco-eyes-fuel-removal-from-fukushima-reactor-4-pool-in-early-november/#at_pco=tcb-1.0&at_tot=8&at_ab=-&at_pos=5

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:07 am