E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Finger joint pain

v.oks

Finger joint pain Empty Finger joint pain

Post by v.oks Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:39 am

Hello All,
    I injured my pinkie about a month ago. Still feel pain when touch joint and also it's deformed comparing with the other hand.
    Of cause I am taping it together with ring finger while practice. Any suggestion how to heal it? Any medicine cream that works?
    Appreciate the answer!
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Finger joint pain Empty Re: Finger joint pain

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:27 am

v.oks wrote:Hello All,
    I injured my pinkie about a month ago. Still feel pain when touch joint and also it's deformed comparing with the other hand.
    Of cause I am taping it together with ring finger while practice. Any suggestion how to heal it? Any medicine cream that works?
    Appreciate the answer!

How about letting a qualified physician have a look at it ? Just a suggestion, you know, but injuries and diseases are best treated after having first formed a proper diagnoses, for which it may or may not be necessary to first order additional examination such as in this case X-Ray or echo. Effective treatment will depend on what is actually wrong with it. After all, the treatment for, let's say necrosis, is not the same as the treatment for a fracture or a sprain.
    v.oks

Post by v.oks Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:23 am

To Cichorei Kano : Thx for the reply. Obviously I have visited physician and did X-Ray. It is not broken and only recommendation I had - don't practice for a while...I am asking here b.cause it looks as common judo problem, so may be ppl here have advise from their experience.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:32 am

v.oks wrote:To Cichorei Kano : Thx for the reply. Obviously I have visited physician and did X-Ray. It is not broken and only recommendation I had - don't practice for a while...I am asking here b.cause it looks as common judo problem, so may be ppl here have advise from their experience.

Thank you. That is helpful to know. We now know nothing was broken. However, you still fail to mention another important detail: what was the physician's actual diagnosis ? Something must have been visible on that X-ray as you mention that there is a visible deformity of your finger. Now that nothing was broken it is likely a soft-tissue injury, but which one ? Was it a sprain, a subluxation, what grade ?

Other information is necessary too so that either I or 'people' can provide you with a meaningful answer beyond mere speculation and that can speed up your recovery. For example, how precisely did the injury occur ? Did you get stuck in a gi ? Did someone fall on it, or did you yourself fall on it. Did you hit a guy's shoulder with the top of your finger perpendicular when trying to turn in something like ippon-seoi-nage ? Did your finger color blue, green ? How long ago did this happen. Have you done anything else but taping it ?

These answers are necessary. For example, just based on what we know from you now, I can't even say for sure if you would best treat it with ice or with heat, two things which are basically each others opposite. So, please, be as specific and detailed as possible. We are not trying to annoy you, just help you.
    v.oks

Post by v.oks Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:12 am

First of all - there is no annoying...I am really appreciate any kind of the answers!
    The doctor who looked on X-ray just told me there is nothing broken. the deformation is very similar like on some judo guys pics Smile ... it is a bit of wider in a 2nd phalange then the other hand pinkie.
    It does not look like sprain - the problem is not in muscle but in joint...it maybe a bit of subluxation but there is no twist or smth. like this.
    It happend when my partner falled on it. Not sure though - it is not easy to remember exact moment, it is defenetly happend during randuri, I may tried to get a grip and hit the finger.
    The place where is the 2nd phalange is red, it happens a month ago.
    I did nothing to heal it...just rested a week and then start taping.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:00 am

v.oks wrote:First of all - there is no annoying...I am really appreciate any kind of the answers!
    The doctor who looked on X-ray just told me there is nothing broken. the deformation is very similar like on some judo guys pics Smile... it is a bit of wider in a 2nd phalange then the other hand pinkie.
    It does not look like sprain - the problem is not in muscle but in  joint...it maybe a bit of subluxation but there is no twist or smth. like this.
    It happend when my partner falled on it. Not sure though -  it is not easy to remember exact moment, it is defenetly happend during randuri, I may tried to get a grip and hit the finger.
    The place where is the 2nd  phalange is red, it happens a month ago.
    I did nothing to heal it...just rested a week and then start taping.

In that case, ice on the joint, not on the entire finger, to avoid frostbite.

Non-heating anti-inflammatory agents, such as particularly niflumic acid. Sorry, these things are not on the market in the US; you have to order them from a Mexican, Canadian, or European pharmacy online.

Your fingers should be kept immobile for 2 weeks or in a removable plastic cast.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:22 am