E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Koshiki no kata by Kyoshi Murakami and Jaques Seguin

budoitaly
    budoitaly

Koshiki no kata by Kyoshi Murakami  and Jaques Seguin Empty Koshiki no kata by Kyoshi Murakami and Jaques Seguin

Post by budoitaly Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:03 am

https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=28&ved=0CHIQtwIwBzgU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fvideo%2Fvideo.php%3Fv%3D10150249990204298&ei=RehaUufRCIWQhQeAooGgCg&usg=AFQjCNFsQUFQL8rM_GHFy6HuUV3pKILObg&sig2=jFv6Rvid4PSQRQcGi-HqWQ
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Koshiki no kata by Kyoshi Murakami  and Jaques Seguin Empty Re: Koshiki no kata by Kyoshi Murakami and Jaques Seguin

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:33 am

Happy to see this document for various reasons. I reckon it must date from around 1988 or so. The setting reminds me somewhat of a region where I spent much time in summer judo camps with many legendary Japanese masters (Mochizuki, for example; Awazu and Michigami came there too but I never met them or had instruction from them) and French (Jean-Paul Coche, Jacques Leberre, Bernard Pariset, Henri Courtine, etc.) or International well-known champions of that era (David Starbrook, Anton Geesink, Willem Ruska, Robert Van De Walle, Vladimir Nevzorov). This was at the French Riviera. We were mostly around Menton, in places like the Golfe Bleu (no longer exists). We had similar tatami there. That green is not tatami surface as we know it now and they were very slippery as one can see in the performance here. In Golfe Blue though --at least as I remember it-- we could not see the Mediterranean while being on the tatami. That, as well as well as the roaring turbofans at take-off power settings in the background, to me suggest that this is actually a different place, but I don't know which one. Certainly a beautiful environment.

Murakami today is a secretary of Uemura at the Kôdôkan, I believe. Talked to him on the phone summer last year, I believe, when I was requested by the EJU to interpret for a visiting Japanese sensei. Nice guy. Think he fell victim too of the recent All Japan Judo Federation troubles and was among the many resigning directors.

Always interesting to see a recording that is from a while ago, as it provides evidence as to some of the major differences with what one sees today. In this recording too, one sees that at least there is still some more interaction between the two performers, and that uke at least doesn't as much go lie down all by himself today. The tempi or pace is of the displacement in the first four techniques is also not as absurdly slow and chopped up as it is today, though technically there are many issues.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:13 pm