E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+5
Judoturtle
forgeron judo
EastGer_Jûdôka
Tai-Jutsu
Cichorei Kano
9 posters

JudoForum's Wdax wins bronze medal on World Judo Kata Championships in Kyôto !!

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

JudoForum's Wdax wins bronze medal on World Judo Kata Championships in Kyôto !! Empty JudoForum's Wdax wins bronze medal on World Judo Kata Championships in Kyôto !!

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:28 am

Congrats to our own Forum friend Wdax whose tremendous efforts paid off again today by winning a well-deserved bronze medal in the Jû-no-kata category !!

Please, join me in congratulating our friend and colleague !

Shock also with Japan losing a gold medal to Korea in the Nage-no-kata and this on Japanese soil !!

Nage no kata

1. Sukhyung Lee - Minho Jo (Korea)
    2. Michito Sakamoto- Takayuki Yokoyama (Japan)
    3. Iulian Surla - Aurelian Fleisz (Romania)

Katame no kata

1, (Japan)
    2. (Japan)
    3.Andrea Fregnan Moregola - Stefano Fregnan Moregola (Spain)

Ju no kata

1. Etsuko Yokoyama - Chigusa Omori ( 460 ) (Japan)
    2. Manuel Garcia - Vicente Picazo (429) (Spain)
    3. Wolfgang Dax Romswinkel - Ulla Loosen (425) (Germany)

Stay tuned for Kime-no-kata and Kôdôkan goshinjutsu tomorrow Sunday !
    Tai-Jutsu
    Tai-Jutsu

JudoForum's Wdax wins bronze medal on World Judo Kata Championships in Kyôto !! Empty Re: JudoForum's Wdax wins bronze medal on World Judo Kata Championships in Kyôto !!

Post by Tai-Jutsu Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:43 am

cheers 
    EastGer_Jûdôka

JudoForum's Wdax wins bronze medal on World Judo Kata Championships in Kyôto !! Empty Re: JudoForum's Wdax wins bronze medal on World Judo Kata Championships in Kyôto !!

Post by EastGer_Jûdôka Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:50 am

Congratulations to wdax!Very Happy 
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

JudoForum's Wdax wins bronze medal on World Judo Kata Championships in Kyôto !! Empty Full results of the medal winners of the 2013 World Judo Kata Championships in Kyôto

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:59 pm

In brief, Japan won all categories except for the Nage-no-kata in which it was defeated on its own soil by South-Korea. This likely won't go over well ...

Nage no kata

1) Lee Sun Hyung - Jo Min Ho (KOR), 468

2) Michito Sakamoto - Takayuki Yokoyama (JPN), 464

3) Iulian Surla - Aurelian Fleisz (ROU), 459

Katame no kata

1) Saroshi Nakayama - Seiji Hayashi (JPN), 450

2) Ryuji Kabata - Toshiji Odate (JPN), 438

3) Andrea Fregnan - Stefano Moregola (ITA) 430

Kime no kata
    1) Imao Shoji - Shimizu Kazunori (JPN), punti 568

2) Fernando Blas - Uchan Chung (ESP), 550

3) Stephane Bega - Gregory Marques (FRA), 548

Ju no kata

1) Etsuko Yokoyama - Chigusa Omori (JPN), 460

2) Manuel Garcia - Vicente Picazo (ESP), 429

3) Wolfgang Dax Romswinkel - Ulla Loosen (GER), 425

Goshin jutsu

1) Hideki Miyamoto - Masaki Watanabe (JPN), 637

2) Donghan Kim - Jaeseung Seo (KOR), 598

3) Takeshi Takeda - Junichi Miyazaki (JPN), 596

forgeron judo
    forgeron judo

Post by forgeron judo Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:33 am

Bravo to all participants. The kata spirit moves on to others to emulate
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:57 am

Additional IJF Report from Japan:

http://www.worldjudoday.com/en/Kata-World-Championships-Kyoto-Japan-199.html?nc=114&e=bm1lc3NuZXJAaWpmLm9yZw%3D%3D#GoshinJutsu
    Judoturtle
    Judoturtle

Post by Judoturtle Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:05 pm

My brother and I came 14th out of 16 in KDK Goshin Jutsu! One big mistake cost us four or five places I believe...that's life Wink it was a very we'll run event and thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:14 am

Judoturtle wrote:My brother and I came 14th out of 16 in KDK Goshin Jutsu! One big mistake cost us four or five places I believe...that's life ;)it was a very we'll run event and thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Congrats. It must have been a unique experiences.

Besides yourself and wdax, another forum contributor participated and did well in katame-no-kata.
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:55 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    Judoturtle wrote:My brother and I came 14th out of 16 in KDK Goshin Jutsu! One big mistake cost us four or five places I believe...that's life ;)it was a very we'll run event and thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Congrats. It must have been a unique experiences.

Besides yourself and wdax, another forum contributor participated and did well in katame-no-kata.
    .. and another forum contributor participated to Goshin Jutsu placing well
    JudoSensei
    JudoSensei

Post by JudoSensei Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:56 am

Congratulations to wdax and the other participants!
    Lurker

Post by Lurker Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:57 am

It was a pleasure to compete again in this tournament. We finished just two teams away from going on to the finals, and overall where we did last year. Close but no cigar. That being said, I’m appreciating each year more the chance to compete at this level. Again this year I got to see friends from all over the world; I got to talk about kata with knowledgeable people, and exchange ideas; I learned more. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience, medal or no.

Congrats of course to Wdax – it was good to see you again, and I’m very happy for you!
    cokiee

Post by cokiee Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:41 am

I had the pleasure of competing in the Kyoto WC's well, and it was a big eye-opener and a major learning experience. Competed in nage no kata, and didn't make the cut to finals - wasn't surprised at our not making the cut, but was surprised at some of the scores that teams from around the region got.

Also had the pleasure of being in contact with Wdax sensei after at the Kodokan, where he gave us some pointers on our practice.

Good experience all in all, and congrats again Wdax!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:09 pm