E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+5
Ricebale
Hanon
judo66
EastGer_Jûdôka
budoitaly
9 posters

MMA for childerns

budoitaly
    budoitaly

MMA  for  childerns Empty MMA for childerns

Post by budoitaly Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:39 am

Sad      I do not know about you, but I find all this really shocking ..

lhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2487527/Inside-world-child-cage-fighting-Boys-trained-attack-MMA-arenas.html

EastGer_Jûdôka

MMA  for  childerns Empty Re: MMA for childerns

Post by EastGer_Jûdôka Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:23 am

I thinke a ground and pound goes too far. Many Kids don't know what the do if they're so young.
    judo66
    judo66

Post by judo66 Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:34 am

It is indeed shocking just considering the age of the children, Is it necessary to mention the drastic weight difference between the opponents.

Still some people will argue that this is a correct way of treating children.Rolling Eyes 

Maybe this thread does'nt belong to a general judo discussion.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:45 pm

I promised myself not to reply. What is there to say? I can but add that the last time we saw this sort of 'thing' it also outraged the MMA adult world.
    I ended up visiting the USA embassy here several times about this sort of thing and between us we did manage to get some of it stopped in the USA.

What does it say about us as a race of human beings? To protect and care for those who are vulnerable like toddlers. Point is IF we need to explain these things to all those involved from parents to coaches, organisers etc, what's the point? I cannot imagine where social services are, they should be informed as should the police. 2013.....It just beggars all belief.
    Not only is such a practice damaging physically for the children but from a psychological prospective its just a disaster. If you have the stomach to watch the clip all the way though, at the end there are more clips. One of the clips is from eastern Europe with 6 year old boys fighting. Go take a look at the attitude of the 'winner' afterward? There are no words for this.

The damage done to those children is incalculable. See the second clip..........dear God. Civilisation, where? Education, Where.
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:55 am

I coach for this sport but ffs you americans have your arses where your brains are sometimes.

This sport is not helping these kids at all.

The showmanship is promoting the wrong values

Gun store sponsors at kids events

The girl in the black singlet totally outclassing the pink one, whilst the refs are laughing

I could go on

These kids should be wrestling at this age, end of rant.
    Rightintheface

Post by Rightintheface Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:30 am

Hey everybody. Long time no see. Hanon, you and I have certainly had our disagreements but on this I could not agree more. There is no place whatsoever for children in MMA. NON-negotiable.
    Not with modified rules. Not with headgear. Nothing you can do to make MMA an acceptable childhood activity.
    Gus

Post by Gus Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:17 pm

petition to ban it ? Im pretty sure nearly the entire martial arts community, including mma fans, would sign.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:57 pm

A quarter of Americans don't know that the Earth goes around the Sun. Nearly 60% of Americans would agree that the world is less than 10,000 years old. Global warming deniers ... nearly mainstream in one political party. And the scariest part of all ... many of these vote ... and prevail!

Scarier still ... compared to other countries in the world I'd say that these numbers are low.

I live in a relatively enlightened country, and I am grateful. However I think it is unrealistic to expect that idiots like this not to exist.
    DougNZ

Post by DougNZ Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:16 pm

BillC wrote:Scarier still ... compared to other countries in the world I'd say that these numbers are low.

I love your sense of humour!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 pm