E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Gonosen-no-kata - Dutch instructional booklet

Jonesy
    Jonesy

Gonosen-no-kata - Dutch instructional booklet Empty Gonosen-no-kata - Dutch instructional booklet

Post by Jonesy Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Please see attached.
    Attachments
    Gonosen-no-kata - Dutch instructional booklet AttachmentDefinitieve_uitvoering_van_het_Gonosen_no_kata.pdf
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (1.1 Mb) Downloaded 9 times
    Stevens
    Stevens

Gonosen-no-kata - Dutch instructional booklet Empty Re: Gonosen-no-kata - Dutch instructional booklet

Post by Stevens Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:57 pm

Jonesy wrote:Please see attached.

This is what i wrote in Re: Gonosen-no-kata - The "Dutch Standard 2012"

Post by Stevens on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:05 pm

At different seminars after aug. 2012 is spoken about wrong/right of this video and changes are made. The booklet belonging to this video says it is official, but the National Grading Commission says it's not! The official Dutch National judobody has no money to produce something herself. It's a shame for the Dutch judoka, because there's no official info-paper/booklet or video made, after bringing the new Dutch standard. Only the highgraded judoteachers got information of the National Grading Commission, but they have made different interpretations, teach and tell different things! As a Dutch student it is just hoping that you have a good and up-to-date teacher and for exams it'll be a lottery!

Last year a poster of this kata is produced, but what i hear of highgraded teachers is that a lot of mistakes are on it!

Last news is that the commission of highgrades of Holland (NGC - JBN) is busy writing a book about it.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Gonosen-no-kata - Dutch instructional booklet Empty Re: Gonosen-no-kata - Dutch instructional booklet

Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:17 am

Stevens wrote:
    Jonesy wrote:Please see attached.

This is what i wrote  in Re: Gonosen-no-kata - The "Dutch Standard 2012"

Post by Stevens on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:05 pm

At different seminars after aug. 2012 is spoken about wrong/right of this video and changes are made. The booklet belonging to this video says it is official, but the National Grading Commission says it's not! The official Dutch National judobody has no money to produce something herself. It's a shame for the Dutch judoka, because there's no official info-paper/booklet or video made, after bringing the new Dutch standard. Only the highgraded judoteachers got information of the National Grading Commission, but they have made different interpretations, teach and tell different things! As a Dutch student it is just hoping that you have a good and up-to-date teacher and for exams it'll be a lottery!

Last year a poster of this kata is produced, but what i hear of highgraded teachers is that a lot of mistakes are on it!

Last news is that the commission of highgrades of Holland (NGC - JBN) is busy writing a book about it.

I think it is a nicely done booklet, perhaps an idea for other federations to follow ?

I am not sure how one would determine 'mistakes' unless what is being done is poor jûdô. After all, it is not known for sure who established the kata with writings of that person determining how it should be done. There is no Kôdôkan Committee that has established guidelines for it. I have never seen any primary source on this kata, nor are there any authoritative recordings known. So really what we have are different countries and federations that have retained this kata and where students have learnt it from their teachers, perhaps still a handful who have known and seen Kawaishi perform it himself and whose recollection --of which we know very well it seriously fades in time-- is the supposed reference. So basically, what you will perceive are "differences" which really are always and normal in kata, but "mistakes" ? What would be the criteria to determine in this kata that something is a mistake, unless it is poor jûdô or a different technique ?

By the way, the kata is also included in Chris de Korte's Busen-style Kata book, if I recall well, performed by Edgar Kruyning, now JBN 7th dan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:52 pm