E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Does anyone own DANRHO KANO or DAX MOSKITO (premium)?

nikeid

Does anyone own DANRHO KANO or DAX MOSKITO (premium)? Empty Does anyone own DANRHO KANO or DAX MOSKITO (premium)?

Post by nikeid Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:21 am

Hi there.

Im from czech republic, 182cm tall, 69kg heavy..so pretty thin figure. I'd like to get one of those gi's, but i cannot decide which one, because i dont have the measurements. I'd get the one with shorter jacket, slimmer cut and longer sleeves, but without measurements, i dont know which one is better for me. I was thinking also about Fushida (i'd love this), Toraki, etc. but they'd cost me twice as much (im willing to invest $170 top) due to the shipping fees....

So i have a question - does anyone have one of those - Danrho Kano or Dax Moskito (also known as Moskito premium)? They both should be cca 850-950g/m2, i read a lot about moskito (very heavy, hard to grip), but i have no info about Danrho (i guess it's heavy too, due to its g/m2). But i dont know how are both of them cut.

So has anybody one so he can measure it for me? I'd probably need 180 version of both of them, since im 182cm tall.

Thanks a million
    Ryvai
    Ryvai

Does anyone own DANRHO KANO or DAX MOSKITO (premium)? Empty Re: Does anyone own DANRHO KANO or DAX MOSKITO (premium)?

Post by Ryvai Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:14 pm

nikeid wrote:Hi there.

Im from czech republic, 182cm tall, 69kg heavy..so pretty thin figure. I'd like to get one of those gi's, but i cannot decide which one, because i dont have the measurements. I'd get the one with shorter jacket, slimmer cut and longer sleeves, but without measurements, i dont know which one is better for me. I was thinking also about Fushida (i'd love this), Toraki, etc. but they'd cost me twice as much (im willing to invest $170 top) due to the shipping fees....

So i have a question - does anyone have one of those - Danrho Kano or Dax Moskito (also known as Moskito premium)? They both should be cca 850-950g/m2, i read a lot about moskito (very heavy, hard to grip), but i have no info about Danrho (i guess it's heavy too, due to its g/m2). But i dont know how are both of them cut.

So has anybody one so he can measure it for me? I'd probably need 180 version of both of them, since im 182cm tall.

Thanks a million

I trained with some German guys this summer who used Danrho. Their gi seemed solid. It looks like a very high quality gi, despite being reasonably affordable. If the gi is pre-shrunk, you can probably use the 180 one. Weight is not everything, it's also about muscle and how "wide" you are at certain parts of your torso. It might be a good idea to use 185, if it exists.
    nikeid

Does anyone own DANRHO KANO or DAX MOSKITO (premium)? Empty Re: Does anyone own DANRHO KANO or DAX MOSKITO (premium)?

Post by nikeid Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:44 pm

thanks for reply

yes, it does exist (185), but the xx5 stands for same length and wider cut, which i dont need, being 182cm/69kg myself, so i would not gain length buying 185, only width

yes, im a bit worried about the length of sleeves after washing, but i guess 190 would be extremely long for me (length of jacket and pants)
    trumfnator

Post by trumfnator Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:52 pm

nikeid wrote:thanks for reply

yes, it does exist (185), but the xx5 stands for same length and wider cut, which i dont need, being 182cm/69kg myself, so i would not gain length buying 185, only width

yes, im a bit worried about the length of sleeves after washing, but i guess 190 would be extremely long for me (length of jacket and pants)

I have a Danrho Ultimate 180s  (s=narrow, 900 g/m^2, 100% cotton) (aktually i'm one of the german guys, Riyvai mentioned Wink ).
    I'm 1,78 m and 73kg. The Gi fits good (washed it several times for 60°C), maybe a tiny little bit to big for my taste (but I think thats just me).

I have another Danrho gi (Gold Medal, Cotton/polyester, 170s) which I like very much. In my club there are several guys who also have a danrho gi.
    In general danrho gis are pretty good quality for a affordable price.

Can't say nothing about the Kano-Gi, but I think he doesn't belong to the "premium"-gis of danrho. I don't know how that compromises the quality.

Moskito Gis are also pretty popular in Germany.
    nikeid

Post by nikeid Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:56 pm

Thanks for reply.

That sounds good, i'm leaned more for Danrho (than for Moskito), cause some say Moskito's so heavy that it sometimes drains your own energy while moving.

And would you be so kind to measure it for me? The Ultimate 180S? I'd like to know length of the sleeves (complete length from one end of the sleeve to another) and length of the jacket itself? THANK YOU A MILLION Smile

Just to add - today KWON-DANRHO answered my questions about 180S KANO, so i'm posting them here for everybody:

Jacket length: 90cm
    Sleeve: 178cm
    Trouser length: 108cm
    Width of trousers: 56cm
    trumfnator

Post by trumfnator Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:46 am

nikeid wrote:Thanks for reply.

That sounds good, i'm leaned more for Danrho (than for Moskito), cause some say Moskito's so heavy that it sometimes drains your own energy while moving.

And would you be so kind to measure it for me? The Ultimate 180S? I'd like to know length of the sleeves (complete length from one end of the sleeve to another) and length of the jacket itself? THANK YOU A MILLION Smile

Just to add - today KWON-DANRHO answered my questions about 180S KANO, so i'm posting them here for everybody:

Jacket length: 90cm
    Sleeve: 178cm
    Trouser length: 108cm
    Width of trousers: 56cm

Jacket length (without collar, backside facing me): 84,5 cm
    sleeve to sleeve (backside facing me): 154 cm
    trouser length:90 (not original anymore, got it tailored for me from a friend, the crotch region was pretty baggy, don't know why)
    width of trousers: 48 cm (the same: not original anymore, i have pretty narrow hips)

the gi saw the washing machine several times, these include three to four times at 60°.
    nikeid

Post by nikeid Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:54 am

thank you, you are really kind to do this for me

but 154 sleeve-sleeve? isn't it short? my current gi is 152 and it's WAY TOOOO short (far beyond IJF regulations), i guess adding 7-10cm on each side (this would make it 166-172) would be perfect .. altough the KANO should be 178, which is too much i'd say, but the sleeves can be tailored easily

yeah, i have narrow hips too, so i think some tailoring will be necessary for my new trousers ..

but isnt 154 short for 180S?
    trumfnator

Post by trumfnator Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:26 am

nikeid wrote:thank you, you are really kind to do this for me

but 154 sleeve-sleeve? isn't it short? my current gi is 152 and it's WAY TOOOO short (far beyond IJF regulations), i guess adding 7-10cm on each side (this would make it 166-172) would be perfect .. altough the KANO should be 178, which is too much i'd say, but the sleeves can be tailored easily

yeah, i have narrow hips too, so i think some tailoring will be necessary for my new trousers ..

but isnt 154 short for 180S?

Hmm. I was puzzled myself when i took the sizes. I don't know, the sleeves go to my wrists.
    whats your wrist2wrist length? Stand in "referee-control-position" an take size from wrist along the back to the other wrist. I have 162 cm and the 154 sleeve2sleeve works fine for me.
    nikeid

Post by nikeid Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:30 am

Oh you are 162cm - so thats fine Smile i was guessing that youre somewhere 175-185, since you have 180S gi .. so that's okay, 154 should be enough for you .. but still it's weird that 180S gi has only 154, whilst another 180S (kano) has 178 - that's what they told me in KWON shop, they measured it

like i said, my current gi's wrist2wrist is 152 which is awfully short for me (that's why i need a new judo gi, because im starting over after 6 years), and i guess that anything longer than 165 should be enough for me; KANO's supposed to have 178, so i'll have to shorten it, as well as the pants, of course, im really thin
    DarthVader
    DarthVader

Post by DarthVader Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:45 pm

nikeid wrote:Hi there.

Hi there!

No, you don't need a 180cm, you need a 175 cm.

The Moskitos are armors, they are stiff and big... I've 2 of them.
    I'm 183cm and weight 92kg and my white Moskito is 175cm and fits me like a glove.
    The 175cm will be the right size for you.

On their website, the manufacture says the density of the Gi is 950gr/m2, but the guy that sell's me the Gi's for me and for my club told me that the density is really well above what they say.

The trousers are very good and strong also.

It's a Gi that will last you a very long, long time...

Abraço

nikeid

Post by nikeid Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:30 pm

EDIT: sorry, i didnt realize that one of them (danrho kano) has in-between sizes (so xx5 does not stand for wider cut, but is an independent size with Slim cut and Regular cut), but the other one does not (so i cant have xx5 of moskito, either 170 or 180, as the 5 here actually STANDS for same length, wider cut, which i dont need)

so i went for 175S of danrho kano and im expecting it to arrive tomorrow, so i'll do full review on SHERDOG forum and here Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm