E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+10
Davaro
GR3G4
BillC
finarashi
sodo
RidgewoodJudo
Rob GBR
judoratt
tafftaz
Blacksmith
14 posters

New IJF Rules

BillC
    BillC

New IJF Rules - Page 2 Empty Re: New IJF Rules

Post by BillC Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:40 pm

amadus wrote:Wait.  Wait.  I found out today that I actually got a medal at the tournament where I got Hansoku-make.  So, we're not disqualified anymore with HM?

Not for THAT hansoku make.banghead 

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:57 am

amadus wrote:Wait.  Wait.  I found out today that I actually got a medal at the tournament where I got Hansoku-make.  So, we're not disqualified anymore with HM?

I feel so confused. I thought hansoku-make meant one violated a rule and is disqualified from competing for the rest of the day. I also thought that meant any earned ranking for the day (i.e. 2nd or 3rd place) falls under that disqualification.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:39 am

Dave R. wrote:

I feel so confused.  I thought hansoku-make meant one violated a rule and is disqualified from competing for the rest of the day.  I also thought that meant any earned ranking for the day (i.e. 2nd or 3rd place) falls under that disqualification.

A direct HSM will get you disqualified from the tournament in the weight division in which you got it (this was from the days when "open" weight divisions were commonly contested as well as the normal ones). Direct HSM would be something like spitting on your opponent/referee, deliberately trying to hurt your opponent. Not sure on the leg grab, although it is a direct HSM it's not an "against the spirit of Judo" type of penalty. I don't think it gets you out of the shiai for the rest of the day, just into the losers bracket or out if you already have one loss (in double elimination type brackets).

A HSM achieved from the addition of shidos just loses you that match, does not DQ you from the entire event.

At the recent Canadian nationals a guy got DQed for supposedly biting his opponent. It caused some confusion and we had to ask the recipient directly what happened. Turns out his opponent tried a choke with the guy face down, and rammed his wrist onto the guys mouth. No marks, but somehow the refs were convinced.

That was a common trick years ago, this was the first time I've seen it in many, many years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:34 pm