E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
tafftaz
SKHool
6 posters

5 weeks in to judo and having a great time

SKHool

5 weeks in to judo and having a great time Empty 5 weeks in to judo and having a great time

Post by SKHool Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:21 am

just wanted to say 'hi'. Started judo 5 weeks ago with my daughter and we are having a lot of fun.

Think I've just got past that 'ease him in gently' stage as I was thrown like a rag doll on Sunday. few aches but back again tonight anyway Smile

Any advice? Tips? My girl is 5 and she appears to be a bit of a natural, as for me, it's more like teaching an old dog new tricks (might take a while).

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the forum and hear from a few of you soon.
    Stu
    tafftaz

5 weeks in to judo and having a great time Empty Re: 5 weeks in to judo and having a great time

Post by tafftaz Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:26 am

Welcome to the forum. Good to hear you are enjoying your practise.
    JudoStu
    JudoStu

5 weeks in to judo and having a great time Empty Re: 5 weeks in to judo and having a great time

Post by JudoStu Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:43 pm

SKHool wrote:just wanted to say 'hi'. Started judo 5 weeks ago with my daughter and we are having a lot of fun.

Think I've just got past that 'ease him in gently' stage as I was thrown like a rag doll on Sunday. few aches but back again tonight anyway Smile

Any advice?  Tips? My girl is 5 and she appears to be a bit of a natural, as for me, it's more like teaching an old dog new tricks (might take a while).

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the forum and hear from a few of you soon.
    Stu

I wouldn't expect anyone to be throwing a beginner "like a rag doll" at least certainly not in randori.
    SKHool

Post by SKHool Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:55 pm

not literally ....

SKHool

Post by SKHool Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:57 pm

It's actually a really interesting response you give though JudoStu

Raj Venugopal

Post by Raj Venugopal Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:23 am

There's nothing like training with and fighting your kid. Last night I fought my daughter in newaza randori... great to see how tough she's getting! Same for my boys, but they're a bit younger and smaller yet.
    GregW

Post by GregW Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:44 am

My son and i have been training together since he was 10. He'll be 16 next month. He will be eligible to test for shodan, which we plan to take care of at the World's Greatest Camp in NC this summer. He's younger than me, stronger than me, and faster than me. The only thing that allows me to beat him is my weight advantage and experience. He hasn't learned to be as sneaky as me yet!
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:44 am

Sixteen year old kids beating up on their parents. Big LOL at the idea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:20 am