E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+3
NBK
NittyRanks
radzfman
7 posters

AAU Freestyle Judo rules: Worth a look

radzfman

AAU Freestyle Judo rules: Worth a look Empty AAU Freestyle Judo rules: Worth a look

Post by radzfman Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:49 am

Interesting that the the main emphasis I got, isalways getting your grip first to what seperates Judo from wrestling
    NittyRanks
    NittyRanks

AAU Freestyle Judo rules: Worth a look Empty Re: AAU Freestyle Judo rules: Worth a look

Post by NittyRanks Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:47 am

Pretty cool. Interesting.
    NBK
    NBK

AAU Freestyle Judo rules: Worth a look Empty Re: AAU Freestyle Judo rules: Worth a look

Post by NBK Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:59 am

Wow.... it takes 25min to even begin to get to the point. It seems they could have used some organization to the preso. Is there a short intro someplace?

5 sec call on osaekomi = 1 point seems short, but I guess there's a method to it.

Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:05 am

NBK, They are trying to market to other combat sports like BJJ, wrestling, etc, with the modified rule-set. The whole talking too much thing is of course common to martial arts instruction. I know I've been quite guilty of it myself.
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:37 am

If you look at the international wrestling styles:

Greco, Freestyle and Female

You'll note that the big wrestling style in the USA is not the international style, the rules of American Folk produce a very different match. Yet the USA seems to pretty well when the kids grow up and try out for the Olympic styles.

I think they are trying to adapt the rules to make the art culturally sensible to the local environment.

I've run some comps under this banner but didn't use the wrestling scoring system as it did not make sense locally in Oz. Makes for a good day.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:53 am

Fairly complicated to ref...we need less complex rules, not more.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:06 pm

Ben Reinhardt wrote:Fairly complicated to ref...we need less complex rules, not more.

Except on Tuesdays ... after a full moon ... but only during leap years.
    Richard Riehle

Post by Richard Riehle Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:10 pm

radzfman wrote:

Interesting that the the main emphasis I got, isalways getting your grip first to what seperates Judo from wrestling

There are some good ideas here. Non-combativity penalty for grabbing one's collar and doing nothing makes some sense. Expanding the point system might have some virtue, especially for kid's Judo.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:22 am

BillC wrote:
    Ben Reinhardt wrote:Fairly complicated to ref...we need less complex rules, not more.

Except on Tuesdays ... after a full moon ... but only during leap years.

Your courting habits ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:37 pm