E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Katame-no-kata - All Japan Kata Championships 2014 - Nakayama / Haayashi

Jonesy
    Jonesy

Katame-no-kata - All Japan Kata Championships 2014 - Nakayama / Haayashi Empty Katame-no-kata - All Japan Kata Championships 2014 - Nakayama / Haayashi

Post by Jonesy Sun May 17, 2015 6:00 pm

(Thanks to noboru)

中山(Nakayama)ー林(Hayashi)組 The winning pair in the  Katame-no-Kata at the All Japan Kata Championships, 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JutBfheqkUc
    Y-Chromosome
    Y-Chromosome

Katame-no-kata - All Japan Kata Championships 2014 - Nakayama / Haayashi Empty Re: Katame-no-kata - All Japan Kata Championships 2014 - Nakayama / Haayashi

Post by Y-Chromosome Tue May 31, 2016 9:23 am

Could someone explain what is going on in the kuzure-kami-shiho section?
    This sequence seems to be in vogue now, but I'm not sure I understand it.  I see that uke is attempting to twist and distance themselves from tori but I don't understand how tori's reaction of sitting through into a kesa-like position helps.  Nor do I see how that reaction from tori leads into uke's second attempt.
    Can someone shed some light on this?
    I have to admit that of all the sequences in katame no, the kuzure-kami-shiho seems to always be the least clear and satisfactory to me.
    wdax

Katame-no-kata - All Japan Kata Championships 2014 - Nakayama / Haayashi Empty Re: Katame-no-kata - All Japan Kata Championships 2014 - Nakayama / Haayashi

Post by wdax Tue May 31, 2016 4:40 pm

Most of it can only be seen from the opposite direction.

1. Uke: brings his body in line with Tori´s body and pushes Tori´s right knee to the rear (in Uke´s overhead-direction) and twists his body to the left and pushes with his left hand against Tori´s neck in order to roll Tori to the right.
    ---> Tori: draws back his right leg and switches to kesa-gatame-position, using his left leg to avoid being side-rolled. Doing this he cannot avoid lifting his head a little bit.

2. Uke: realizes, that he cannot roll Tori, so he tries to twist under Tori´s body. So he changes the position of his left hand, which was pushing against Tori´s neck, and brings it under Tori´s throat trying to create more space between him and Tori, still twisting his body to the right, but - that´s the difference - not trying to roll with Tori, but under him.
    ---> Tori: switches his feet again, holding his head down and moving a little bit to the right to block Uke´s twisting motion.

3. Uke: realizes, that he will fail, so he tries to utilize Tori´s blocking action. He changes the grip of the left hand again and tries to pull Tori to the left and roll him over.

Please watch carefully Uke´s left hand. Then you can see the different attempts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoMzqwGVtfo

From 8:30 it ist explained, but the first escape (rolling ist only shown once - a problem of coordination of explanation and demonstration, when one is speaking in a foraign language....).
    Y-Chromosome
    Y-Chromosome

Post by Y-Chromosome Tue May 31, 2016 10:10 pm

Thanks for the link AND the explanation. I had watched this one:

but I wasn't getting it.
    Typical story of my life with clinics though. They spend an eternity on the part I understand, then rush through the material I need help with because they're running out of time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:45 pm