E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Nidan

GregW

Nidan Empty Nidan

Post by GregW Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:38 pm

Passed my Nidan evaluation yesterday at the "World's Greatest Camp" in North Carolina. I am grateful to my Uke, my Sensei, and the members of the promotion board.  I'm 55 and still an eager student of this art.  

As happy as I am about my promotion, I am even happier for my very first student's promotion to Sr.  ikkyu.  He turns  17 this year and was tested for senior rank. I recommended him for promotion to Nikyu, being conservative, but knowing he could probably go higher if the board considered him. I was told afterward that they very nearly considered promoting him to Shodan.  I am so proud of him!

Last edited by GregW on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
    Reinberger
    Reinberger

Nidan Empty Re: Nidan

Post by Reinberger Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:42 pm

Congratulations!

One of my students passed his (jūjutsu) nidan test at a similar age, and is now, approaching his sixth decade, starting his preparation for sandan. Ganbatte kudasai!
    Jihef
    Jihef

Post by Jihef Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:43 pm

Congrats to both of you.
    cheers
    DougNZ

Post by DougNZ Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:02 pm

GregW wrote:Passed my Nidan evaluation yesterday at the "World's Greatest Camp" in North Carolina. I am grateful to my Uke, my Sensei, and the members of the promotion board.  I'm 55 and still an eager student of this art.  

As happy as I am about my promotion, I am even happier for my very first student's promotion to Sr.  ikkyu.  He turns  17 this year and was tested for senior rank. I recommended him for promotion to Nikyu, being conservative, but knowing he could probably go higher if the board considered him. I was told afterward that they very nearly considered promoting him to Shodan.  I am so proud of him!

Double congratulations!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:24 am