E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Daniel Penny "Deadly Choke Hold" Bullpoop

afja_lm139
    afja_lm139

Daniel Penny "Deadly Choke Hold" Bullpoop Empty Daniel Penny "Deadly Choke Hold" Bullpoop

Post by afja_lm139 Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:57 am

I should start another thread, but even though this is old here it will be for my discussion of the so-called “deadly choke hold” by Daniel Penny. After watching the entire unedited ~5 minute video I can see that Penny did not apply Hadaka jime in the traditional sense by either the airway/trachea or vascular arteries/carotid method. The technique he applied was an old and tried method of restraint without attempting to strangle or cause blackout, but a police method to just restrain someone. I was taught several methods of Hadaka jime by many sensei, including Kotani sensei of the Kodokan many years ago in the early 1960’s.

I taught this technique for many years and never once injured anyone. I fact, I have tried to hold someone in a failed Hadaka jime for 3 or 4 minutes and simply gave up because of muscle spasms or cramps due to prolonged use. If someone could apply this technique for more than 4 or 5 minutes it would be a miracle. Also, IMHO a choke for that short period of time would not kill a person, but having never being able to hold longer I could not say one way or the other. Just saying…..
    Jihef
    Jihef

Daniel Penny "Deadly Choke Hold" Bullpoop Empty Re: Daniel Penny "Deadly Choke Hold" Bullpoop

Post by Jihef Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:34 am

afja_lm139 wrote:I fact, I have tried to hold someone in a failed Hadaka jime for 3 or 4 minutes and simply gave up because of muscle spasms or cramps due to prolonged use.
    Hi
    “Failed” hadaka-jime ? For 3 minutes ??

I guess the setting was not in a Judo Dojo… Would be curious to know the circumstances…

afja_lm139
    afja_lm139

Daniel Penny "Deadly Choke Hold" Bullpoop Empty Re: Daniel Penny "Deadly Choke Hold" Bullpoop

Post by afja_lm139 Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:06 am

Jihef wrote:
    afja_lm139 wrote:I fact, I have tried to hold someone in a failed Hadaka jime for 3 or 4 minutes and simply gave up because of muscle spasms or cramps due to prolonged use.
    Hi
    “Failed” hadaka-jime ? For 3 minutes ??

I guess the setting was not in a Judo Dojo… Would be curious to know the circumstances…

https://www.alpo-astronomy.org/jbeish/Resume_of_Judo.pdf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 7:30 pm