E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
afulldeck
Cichorei Kano
6 posters

Katanishi Hiroshi newaza video

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Katanishi Hiroshi newaza video Empty Katanishi Hiroshi newaza video

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:41 am

Sorry 'bout the ugly Bach Toccata in d arrangement at the beginning. I would have replaced it by Mozart with Hanon's compliments, but copyright protection prevents me from doing so. Enjoy the images though !
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Katanishi Hiroshi newaza video Empty Re: Katanishi Hiroshi newaza video

Post by afulldeck Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:34 am

Outstanding. I wish there was more judo material like this in english and on DVDs.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:41 am

Sad very sad indeed.

To have the honour of being taught by such a good sensei as Katanishi is a pleasure and one I would never miss. I find it incredible to note that in the back ground there are, as always these days, judoka NOT on the tatami but sitting down, lying down and even just walking off the tatami to take a drink in the middle of sensei's instruction?

We can debate, and do, all day and all night long what judo is about. It is not about disrespect. Judo is about paying attention and showing the teacher that you are as interested in his tuition as he is in teaching. I am so saddened to see such awful dojo behaviour.

To learn judo ones mind set needs to be as sharp as ones body needs to be fit and healthy. Ones attitude is what makes a judoka. Ones respect for others and what one is being taught is as important as the lesson itself. I deplore such down right ignorant and rude behaviour as seen in this clip. Katanishi sensei offers a golden opportunity to learn judo. I have no idea why the sempai of that dojo allowed such disrespect toward such a sensei and what he is teaching them. Shame on some of those who think they are learning judo. Some of them need basic elementary lessons in manners before being even allowed entry into a dojo.

Judo an education? Judo a vehicle to build a healthy mind and body? Judo a manner of building a character? I don't know of sporting clubs in other sports that allow such behaviour toward a teacher.

Sad so very very sad.

Learn from katanishi, he is a wonderful judoka. The way to thank such a sensei for his tuition is simply by paying attention to him when he teaches and showing some well earned respect.

Mike
    medo

Post by medo Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:19 am

Oh I love this vid if only I had met this man in my travels..
    If on occasions I turned up late having missed the warm up I would ebi reverse ebi roll/twist/pull/push/stretch all in a corner of a mat for my warm up and would also do so after the gap from teaching to randori it was a warm up that I worked on for years, so much of whats in here was me.
    great stuff love the guy thumbs
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:41 am

Great video, great teacher.
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Post by afulldeck Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:23 am

Hanon wrote:Sad very sad indeed. ...... I find it incredible to note that in the back ground there are, as always these days, judoka NOT on the tatami but sitting down, lying down and even just walking off the tatami to take a drink in the middle of sensei's instruction?

Mike

Well as an observer of the video, I have to tell you my attention was on sensei's instruction/movement and nothing else. So much so, I didn't even notice the back ground distractions that have made you sad until you noted them. But perhaps there was a request to have the people in front sit down?
    Ryvai
    Ryvai

Post by Ryvai Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:17 pm

afulldeck wrote:Outstanding. I wish there was more judo material like this in english and on DVDs.
    There are plenty of DVD sets you can buy from Tre Torri summer camp, that is held annualy, from the tre torri website, which features Katanishi-sensei.

The positive: Absolutely outstanding Judo! And many many hours of watching, seggregated in bulks of example: sotai-renshu, tandoku-renshu uchi-mata, etc.

The negative: They are expensive (but contain tons of material) and it is only in Italian for now (however Judo speaks for itself, you can see the details)

I attended the 2013 Tre torri summer camp and they said that this DVD (coming out next year) would probably be in english aswell Smile

I've bought the 2011 DVD set, it is really worth it! Remarkable Judo Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:08 pm