E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum


+12
Taiobroshi
jkw
Stacey
hedgehogey
Javalina
Jerry Hays
JudoMatt
judoheidi
FightingSpirit
genetic judoka
BillC
judoratt
16 posters

    Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

    avatar
    jkw


    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2013-01-04

    Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

    Post by jkw Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:22 am

    JudoMatt wrote:
    Ouch_that_hurts wrote:Anyone have an video of Ishii and Takahshi's match? Id love to see it!
    Thanks!
    Video has been posted on youtube. search senior nationals judo within the past week

    Just watched the match ... Two guys with positive, attacking judo who clearly wanted to get on with things and were thoroughly hindered by the rule-set and its application by the referees.

    So disappointing. What a waste of all the thousands of hours of training spent getting to that moment.
    DrJudo
    DrJudo


    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Location : Atlantic Coast

    Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

    Post by DrJudo Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 am

    I have seen all categories' results except Masters. Why are Masters always left behind? The Icy Hot smell??? Sad
    judoratt
    judoratt


    Posts : 309
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 65
    Location : Seattle

    Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

    Post by judoratt Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:29 pm

    Here is the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljZdh01XQAY
    BillC
    BillC


    Posts : 806
    Join date : 2012-12-28
    Location : Vista, California

    Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

    Post by BillC Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:17 pm

    judoratt wrote:Here is the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljZdh01XQAY

    And yes folks, they played that incredibly annoying music on the PA the ... entire ... tournament.
    judoratt
    judoratt


    Posts : 309
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 65
    Location : Seattle

    Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

    Post by judoratt Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:22 am

    BillC wrote:
    judoratt wrote:Here is the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljZdh01XQAY

    And yes folks, they played that incredibly annoying music on the PA the ... entire ... tournament.

    Funny I was there all weekend and realy didn't notice the music much until I watched the Video. Surprised Surprised
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka


    Posts : 541
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

    Post by genetic judoka Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:00 am

    wow, that video was just painful to watch. I feel like a good videographer after watching that.


    _________________
    Warning: I am very opinionated, and very willing to share that opinion. However I am very much aware that I am here as a student, not a teacher.
    nomoremondays
    nomoremondays


    Posts : 122
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Location : Looking for Stars (sort of)

    Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

    Post by nomoremondays Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:34 am

    ha ha ha. its hilarious. twitch your leg a little bit, bait your opponent to touch it, win a judo match. crowds clapping and cheering to that.
    at a certain point you can only appreciate the (black) humor in all this.
    lol.
    nomoremondays
    nomoremondays


    Posts : 122
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Location : Looking for Stars (sort of)

    Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

    Post by nomoremondays Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:41 am

    oh and also iishi seems to have completely amerikanised himself by now. no more rei-ing at the edge of the mat for him after a loss. yeah, who needs that garbage too.
    judoratt
    judoratt


    Posts : 309
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 65
    Location : Seattle

    Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

    Post by judoratt Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:45 pm

    nomoremondays wrote:oh and also iishi seems to have completely amerikanised himself by now. no more rei-ing at the edge of the mat for him after a loss. yeah, who needs that garbage too.

    Why such a sour puss today? It is not even Monday. Did you see anything positive? I saw some high level judo and the fact that Takahashi was avoiding gripping with Ishii, when Ishii had his grip he was significantly stronger than Takahashi, but both were very skillful at a high level.
    nomoremondays
    nomoremondays


    Posts : 122
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Location : Looking for Stars (sort of)

    Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

    Post by nomoremondays Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:58 pm

    judoratt wrote:
    nomoremondays wrote:oh and also iishi seems to have completely amerikanised himself by now. no more rei-ing at the edge of the mat for him after a loss. yeah, who needs that garbage too.

    Why such a sour puss today? It is not even Monday. Did you see anything positive? I saw some high level judo and the fact that Takahashi was avoiding gripping with Ishii, when Ishii had his grip he was significantly stronger than Takahashi, but both were very skillful at a high level.

    sure. i saw a guy who hadn't been practicing judo seriously for a while come in and show some superior inside gripping and good strength. the tai otoshi was almost firing. the biggest thing for me was a renewed regard for a system which can produce such a fine tuned athlete who can take a year off and yet come back cold to push a high level athlete from another system.

    Sponsored content


    Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone going to US Sr. Nationals?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:12 am