E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
Neil G
Cichorei Kano
6 posters

Explosions Boston Marathon

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Explosions Boston Marathon Empty Explosions Boston Marathon

Post by Cichorei Kano Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:45 am

Which losers do this kind of cowardly thing assuming that indeed it was a bomb as indicated in the media and not a gas explosion) ?

http://news.yahoo.com/boston-marathon-headquarters-locked-down-blasts-heard-190213267--spt.html

Creating havoc an loss of human lives and maiming innocent families ?

Condolences to the affected families and their friends. Makes you wonder in what kind of times we are living ...
    Neil G
    Neil G

Explosions Boston Marathon Empty Re: Explosions Boston Marathon

Post by Neil G Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:15 am

Multiple bombs, CK and also several unexploded ones that are being dismantled.
    tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:47 am

Cowardly bastards whoever claims responsibility.
    Sad times indeed.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:04 am

I am outraged by this terrorist attack! I live in Florida now but Massachusetts was, and will always be in some ways, home to me. I love Boston and I am disgusted to see such a great American city get marred during a great International event. I have been a spectator at the Boston Marathon and it really is something to see! People lining the streets for 26.2 miles cheering on all the athletes. There's a point where some of the greatest athletes in the world are just a couple of feet away! Adults of all ages run the Marathon wearing shirts with their names on them so people of all ages can cheer them on. There are people who run for charity and causes! It's such a unique event and I'm disgusted someone or some group would do such a thing.

I would also like to add that any bombing is a tragic event and I understand that on the surface one city being bombed is no worse than another city being bombed. However, this is my city so this hits close to home to say the least. Thankfully no one I know was a victim.
    Gus

Post by Gus Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:19 am

A totally cowardly disgusting thing to do - a very sad thing for the families who lost loved ones. Not in anyway detracting from the sadness in Boston - I read that the same day 33 people also lost their lives in Iraq due to a bombing - my sympathy goes out to anyone who lost a loved one that day whether they are American, Iraqui , black or white - whatever - everyone's human. I guess its only natural we relate with people closer to home and from our own culture - but I think its important not to be desensitised and recognise that its tragic wherever it happens.
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:45 am

Yes, the Boston Marathon is an American event, but the participants are hardly all American. Yes, Boston is in the US, but Boston is not exclusively inhabited by American citizens. Throw together the international nature of the Boston Marathon with the international nature of Boston, MA, and it's an international incident played out on civilians in an area where there is no declared war.

Yes, people lost their lives in Iraq due to bombings on the same day, the day before, and the day after. Yes, people in countries that aren't torn apart by war lost their lives to accident, hate, disease, and just about any other way that people lose their lives. The loss of life doesn't diminish the lives lost, no matter where that loss occurred, no matter how that loss occurred.

Bombings of civilians engaged in sport, in an area targeted because of that sport? Remember the Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta? This is not the same thing - it's not bombings in a war torn country. It's not an airplane or traffic accident taking the lives of a sports team. It's killing and terrorizing as many people as possible and using the world stage of a great sporting event to do it. It's hoping people just see it as American come-up-ance, and not an attack on the world at large.

CCTV coverage in the UK means it's harder to do such things in the UK. Broadcast coverage internationally means that I can be on Facebook and listening to EMS broadcasts from Boston on another web site when people from across Europe and in other areas of the world send me messages asking what's going on in Boston.

It's not like the targets in this case are terrorists, or the enemy of a people identified by their uniforms. It's not like these are civilian casualties caught in the middle of crossfire between warring factions. The targets in this case are everybody, from the 3 killed to the millions around the world watching marathon updates.
    Freelancer
    Freelancer

Post by Freelancer Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:31 am

An interesting approach to Boston bombing and public perception.

http://www.guernicamag.com/daily/rafia-zakaria-the-tragedies-of-others/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 pm