E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Angus Backhold Wrestling Championships 2013

Ricebale
    Ricebale

Angus Backhold Wrestling Championships 2013   Empty Angus Backhold Wrestling Championships 2013

Post by Ricebale Sat May 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Now here's a grappling sport that has worked out its rules properly
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Angus Backhold Wrestling Championships 2013   Empty Re: Angus Backhold Wrestling Championships 2013

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu May 30, 2013 3:29 am

Kilts should be the new IJF mandatory judo uniform.

I'm going to do backhold wrestling drills in Judo next practice.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Angus Backhold Wrestling Championships 2013   Empty Re: Angus Backhold Wrestling Championships 2013

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu May 30, 2013 3:30 am

And, yes, I appreciate the irony, Ricebale...
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Thu May 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Ben Reinhardt wrote:And, yes, I appreciate the irony, Ricebale...

Love the sweet sound of irony Smile

Mate of mine did Ssirium as part of the Korean Judo club warm ups, reckons it help big time as the rules in folk wrestling styles are usually so sinple the allow for very effective akbeit limited techniques and body movements to be drilled to a high degree.

I usually impromt backhold comps when grappling or judo dsys are delayed etc, takes about 20 mins to run a 10 person comp and is a fun sideline event.

Best of luck and keep a look out for the US highland games where they do backhold as a sport option.

Cheers
    cuivien
    cuivien

Post by cuivien Thu May 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Ricebale wrote:

Love the sweet sound of irony Smile

Mate of mine did Ssirium as part of the Korean Judo club warm ups, reckons it help big time as the rules in folk wrestling styles are usually so sinple the allow for very effective akbeit limited techniques and body movements to be drilled to a high degree.

I usually impromt backhold comps when grappling or judo dsys are delayed etc, takes about 20 mins to run a 10 person comp and is a fun sideline event.

Best of luck and keep a look out for the US highland games where they do backhold as a sport option.

Cheers

Ssireum (or jaenggyo 爭交 as the club I visited also called it) was a regular part of the warmups at the Seoul Uni. judo club as well.
    Their training hours collided with both my language classes and taekwondo practice, so didn't go often enough to get any "good" at it though Neutral
    rjohnston411
    rjohnston411

Post by rjohnston411 Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:00 am

Man, that looks cool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:03 pm