E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2-Hour discussion + performance of Koshiki-no-kata

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

2-Hour discussion + performance of Koshiki-no-kata Empty 2-Hour discussion + performance of Koshiki-no-kata

Post by Cichorei Kano on Wed May 29, 2013 4:13 am

Discussion of Koshiki-no-kata

Discussion and performance of Koshiki-no-kata
    Demonstration starts somewhere after minute 7'

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    Hanon

2-Hour discussion + performance of Koshiki-no-kata Empty Re: 2-Hour discussion + performance of Koshiki-no-kata

Post by Hanon on Wed May 29, 2013 8:50 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    Discussion of Koshiki-no-kata

Discussion and performance of Koshiki-no-kata
    Demonstration starts somewhere after minute 7'

I am concerned that these clips are going to be left here for future pupils to observe and train like this. I think it very important that such clips are placed in context and given to peer review with appropriate comments.

Unsure if just posting such clips serves this forum well?

Just a thought?

Mike

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking.
    cuivien
    cuivien

2-Hour discussion + performance of Koshiki-no-kata Empty Re: 2-Hour discussion + performance of Koshiki-no-kata

Post by cuivien on Thu May 30, 2013 6:56 pm

If you notice the beginning where they show their Kaze Uta logo and whatnot, these people teach "aikido - judo - jyodo".
    I've watched some of their other videos on Youtube, and it seems very much like it is the aikido which is primary. Their understanding of judo seems, in lack of a better word, meagre. Take a look at their "instructional" video on uki-goshi...

trying to embed the video, but seems to not work...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b2NVteIA4w

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:26 am