E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
Stacey
Jerry Hays
6 posters

The UFC's Million-Dollar Female Star

Jerry Hays

The UFC's Million-Dollar Female Star  Empty The UFC's Million-Dollar Female Star

Post by Jerry Hays Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:19 am

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/girlfight-the-ufc-s-million-dollar-female-star-MXRCq2Q2RpmskATQ9M2MOA.html
    Stacey
    Stacey

The UFC's Million-Dollar Female Star  Empty Re: The UFC's Million-Dollar Female Star

Post by Stacey Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:46 am

I think this is amazing.  I'm very glad Ronda is earning all that she's earning.  I just find it pitiful that she couldn't make a livable wage as a judoka.  If anything emphasizes this disparity, the difference in Ronda's tax returns from her Olympic year to today should do it.

I will continue to root for Ronda and think she's doing a fantastic job with MMA and now the UFC.  Can't wait for her TUF season.  (also think she's paving the way for other judoka, especially female judoka, to make the transition.  again, it's just too bad that they can't make a livable wage in judo).
    finarashi
    finarashi

The UFC's Million-Dollar Female Star  Empty Re: The UFC's Million-Dollar Female Star

Post by finarashi Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:08 am

I just hope she sees at least some of that money. Too often it is
    "You get one million dollars to fight" ... oops... "actually the management, training, blaah blaah blaah fees amount to 999,999$ ... so here it is, whole dollar!" Smile
    Neil G
    Neil G

Post by Neil G Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:37 am

finarashi wrote:I just hope she sees at least some of that money. Too often it is
    "You get one million dollars to fight" ... oops... "actually the management, training, blaah blaah blaah fees amount to 999,999$ ... so here it is, whole dollar!" Smile
    Actually with UFC it's the opposite - the published fight fees are lower than the actual paid fees as there are various bonuses that are given, not all of which are public.  She still has her expenses and people to pay of course but I think she's doing OK cash-wise.
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:44 am

Neil G wrote:
    finarashi wrote:I just hope she sees at least some of that money. Too often it is

Actually with UFC it's the opposite - the published fight fees are lower than the actual paid fees as there are various bonuses that are given, not all of which are public.  She still has her expenses and people to pay of course but I think she's doing OK cash-wise.
    yep, I doubt she's working overnight desk at a 24 hour gym to make ends meet
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Post by afulldeck Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:09 am

I am so pleased with her success. With it, I hope it raises Judo status as well.
    Glorfindel
    Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:42 pm

She already keep her mouth shut more often, there is hope...;-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:51 pm