E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

It's not just judo

BillC
    BillC

It's not just judo Empty It's not just judo

Post by BillC Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:50 am

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/16/world/europe/russia-putin-ring/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Moscow (CNN) -- Russia's president is fighting back: No, he did not steal a Super Bowl ring. And no, he's not rocking the diamond-encrusted prize on his finger, either.
    President Vladimir Putin's spokesman denied accusations that the leader kept a Super Bowl ring that New England Patriots' owner Robert Kraft wanted back.
    Both sides agree that the ring, with its 124 diamonds, changed hands during Kraft's visit to St. Petersburg, Russia, in 2005.
    "I took out the ring and showed it to (Putin). And he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,'" Kraft said, according to the New York Post. "I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."

It's not just judo Empty Re: It's not just judo

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:01 am

I honestly think it was a big misunderstanding on Putin's part. Many people saw Putin put the ring in his pocket years ago when he visited with Robert Kraft. Heads of State receive all sorts of gifts and with the language barrier it's possible he really thought it was a gift.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:30 pm