E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

thanks giving for judo

forgeron judo
    forgeron judo

thanks giving for judo Empty thanks giving for judo

Post by forgeron judo Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:55 am

This is a small text I produced to remind my students of the importance of Judo and to remain thankful for the works provided by Kano Jigoro.

En plus d’avoir été de la fête internationale du judo le 28 Octobre, nous entamons une période d’action de grâces dans laquelle nous avons l’occasion de remercier les autres de nous avoir donné toutes sortes d’appuis durant les mois et les années passées. Nous en profitons pour redonner à la société une partie de nos biens qu’ils soient tangibles ou spirituels. C’est aussi un moment de réflexion sur nos actions à titre de judoka et faire une évaluation de notre future participation dans ce grand mouvement du judo international auquel nous adhérons.
    Rappelons-nous le cadeau que nous a fait le Maître Jigoro Kano en 1882 lorsqu’il introduisit le Kodokan judo à son peuple. C’est à cette époque où période tumultueuse sous le régime Meiji (1868- 1912) que le Japon tentait de s’accommoder des grandes puissances qui l’entouraient et recherchait un certain équilibre entre son passé insulaire dit médiéval et son devenir. Répondant à l’appel d’un mécanisme de réconciliation entre la nostalgie du temps passé et le besoin d’une croissance forte pour un pays désireux d’être compté parmi les grandes puissances, le Maître Kano y introduit son Kodokan Judo qui offre à la fois un système d’éducation physique, une conservation de certains arts martiaux anciens et permet l’éclosion de nouveaux principes de cohésion sociale. Comme tous les grands projets de société, le Judo au Japon est marqué par des tiraillements de clans, des différences d’opinions, des intérêts partagés et des bousculements. Malgré toutes les embuches, le judo sera quand même une des grandes réussites parmi les bouleversements sociaux, politiques et culturels d’un Japon s’ouvrant au 19ième siècle.

Does the judo as we know it today convey the same importance to all ?
    Udon
    Udon

thanks giving for judo Empty Re: thanks giving for judo

Post by Udon Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:28 am

I am sure that what you have written is of value. Sadly I cannot read French. Would it be possible for you to set it out in English ?
    Thank you
    forgeron judo
    forgeron judo

Post by forgeron judo Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:58 am

i will endeavour to make a quick translation as follow:
    Having participated in the october 28 festivities celebrating the International Judo day, I want to remind all my students to give thanks for what we have received from Kano Jigoro and the judo community. In the period of thanksgiving, one has to consider giving materiel or intellectuel gifts to all those who participated in making us better judoka. We need to pay back to the society or friends for what we have received from them. By assessing our return on investment, we must consider how best to return our abilities and savoir faire as judoka to unable others to prosper.
    Dr Kano gave us the Kodokan judo in 1882 during a tumultuous period where Japan was trying to accommodate itself with the international powers pressuring it and at the same time find an equilibrium that could bridge its medieval period to the modern nation it was hoping to become. Dr Kano answered the call with a system of physical education, that would comprise a conservation of some ancient martial arts and introduced new rules of conduct that could be applied by the majority. His contribution like many others social reforms were bombarded from several sectors who had different interests and outlook. He prevailed and was able to implement his Kodokan Judo which is considered a great and lasting success that helped Japan to open up to the 19th century."
    A question remains, can we continue in his footsteps with our current views of Judo as mainly a competitive sport.?
    Udon
    Udon

Post by Udon Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm

I was right. Your posting was worthwhile reading.
    Thank you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:39 am