E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

Judo from a distance Waseda University

aiyotsu

Judo from a distance Waseda University Empty Judo from a distance Waseda University

Post by aiyotsu Sat May 31, 2014 8:33 am

www.archbudo.com/fulltxt.php?ICID=1057826

Hello All
    Very interesting, with also little asides that support the Views of CK and Jonesy, in particular, on Kata
    Regards Aiyotsu
    seatea
    seatea

Judo from a distance Waseda University Empty Re: Judo from a distance Waseda University

Post by seatea Sat May 31, 2014 10:53 am

Brak bazy User 'ic_journal_other' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 250) wrote:
    NBK
    NBK

Judo from a distance Waseda University Empty Re: Judo from a distance Waseda University

Post by NBK Sat May 31, 2014 11:06 am

The site has limited bandwidth, apparently.

Here's a link to a cached version.   Go to the top link and open the cached version under the main link.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.archbudo.com%2Ffulltxt.php%3FICID%3D1057826&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

(there is some block against posting a direct link to the cached version that I don't know how to circumvent.)

Dr. Shishida is a direct student of Professor Tomiki Kenji (1900-9179), who in turn was a student of both Kano shihan and Ueshiba Morihei, the founder of aikido.    Tomiki and Ueshiba taught what they termed aikibujutsu to the Imperial military in Manchura and the Kanto area respectively from the mid-1930s.  While Ueshiba retired north of Tokyo to Iwama around 1942, Tomiki remained in Manchukuo (the nation of Manchuria) until the end of the war, when he was taken to Siberia.

Tomiki sensei was the first aikido 8dan (1942) and taught at the Kodokan after being released from a three year postwar internment by the Soviets.  In the 1950's he developed Shodokan aikido, also known as Tomiki aikido.

Here's a video of Tomiki sensei in action:  

NBK
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sat May 31, 2014 12:02 pm

Nothing to worry about guys, the sites of this publisher are not accessible between midnight local time (Poland) and something like 9 AM. I guess they simply turn off their servers to safe electricity. Just check in how much your time differs with Europe (usually for the Americans you'll be between 5-8 hours later) and make sure you access it before midnight minus the number of hours that you are later and you won't have any problem.
    aiyotsu

Post by aiyotsu Sat May 31, 2014 9:21 pm

Hello all, I had difficulty with the link myself but thought I had overcome it . Sorry.

Google : Judo's techniques performed from a distance. That will find it.
    It is in PDF format.
    Regards Aiyotsu
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sat May 31, 2014 10:15 pm

aiyotsu wrote:Hello all, I had difficulty with the link myself but thought I had overcome it . Sorry.

Google : Judo's techniques performed from a distance.  That will find it.
    It is in PDF format.
    Regards Aiyotsu

As I have already explained, your original link works fine, but you obviously have to try it ONLY when their servers are on which is BEFORE midnight and after 9AM West-EUROPEAN TIME, not US time !
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:46 am

Really nice article that (If read correctly) helps to understand what happened.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:59 am