E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release Empty Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:54 pm

The Kōdōkan has announced that it has released a re-edited Itsutsu-no-kata DVD. As far as I understand this is with the same performers and essentially the same recording as the previous version, but re-edited. I have not yet seen or compared and scrutinized the new DVD, so I cannot elaborate on precisely what the re-edits entail.

Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release Dvk09e

The details of the new recording are dvk09J, and it lasts about 20'. As far as I know the release currently is available only in either English or Japanese:

http://www.hint.jp/cgi-bin/kshop/kshop.pl/page=dvk09.html/SID=PUT_SID_HERE

Meanwhile, the Kōdōkan has started recording the long awaited last volume of this kata-series videos, namely the Seiryoku zen'yô kokumin taiiku, of which no recording has been available since the old 1969 black & white recording by the late Fukuda Keiko, which only existed on reels. The new recording will feature the current highest ranked Kôdôkan woman, Umezu Katsuko, 8th dan. A date for its release has not yet been announced.
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release Empty Re: Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release

Post by afulldeck Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:45 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:The Kōdōkan has announced that it has released a re-edited Itsutsu-no-kata DVD.
    Thanks for pointing that out ck.
    wdax

Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release Empty Re: Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release

Post by wdax Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:22 pm

I watched the new DVD yesterday. Yes, it´s reedited, with only a few sconds of new footage.

It´s worth having it, when one´s goal is to learn the mechanics. It dos not go very much deeper then that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:14 pm