E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release Empty Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:54 pm

The Kōdōkan has announced that it has released a re-edited Itsutsu-no-kata DVD. As far as I understand this is with the same performers and essentially the same recording as the previous version, but re-edited. I have not yet seen or compared and scrutinized the new DVD, so I cannot elaborate on precisely what the re-edits entail.

Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release Dvk09e

The details of the new recording are dvk09J, and it lasts about 20'. As far as I know the release currently is available only in either English or Japanese:

http://www.hint.jp/cgi-bin/kshop/kshop.pl/page=dvk09.html/SID=PUT_SID_HERE

Meanwhile, the Kōdōkan has started recording the long awaited last volume of this kata-series videos, namely the Seiryoku zen'yô kokumin taiiku, of which no recording has been available since the old 1969 black & white recording by the late Fukuda Keiko, which only existed on reels. The new recording will feature the current highest ranked Kôdôkan woman, Umezu Katsuko, 8th dan. A date for its release has not yet been announced.

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release Empty Re: Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release

Post by afulldeck Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:45 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:The Kōdōkan has announced that it has released a re-edited Itsutsu-no-kata DVD.
    Thanks for pointing that out ck.

Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release Empty Re: Kōdōkan Itsutsu-no-kata DVD - August 2013 release

Post by wdax Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:22 pm

I watched the new DVD yesterday. Yes, it´s reedited, with only a few sconds of new footage.

It´s worth having it, when one´s goal is to learn the mechanics. It dos not go very much deeper then that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:41 am