E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum


5 posters

    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin

    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano


    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 862
    Location : the Holy See

    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin Empty Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin

    Post by Cichorei Kano Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:51 am

    http://www.b92.net/eng/news/society.php?yyyy=2013&mm=08&dd=20&nav_id=87383

    It's unclear from the article if this is a ghost promotion or not and whether the country's president is actually a judoka.


    _________________
    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin Dry

    "The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    Stacey
    Stacey


    Posts : 554
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : your worst nightmares

    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin Empty Re: Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin

    Post by Stacey Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 pm

    darnit! I went into judo to avoid politics!
    BillC
    BillC


    Posts : 806
    Join date : 2012-12-28
    Location : Vista, California

    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin Empty Re: Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin

    Post by BillC Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:57 pm

    Stacey wrote:darnit! I went into judo to avoid politics!
    My dear, that's like going into rodeo to avoid horseshit.


    _________________
    Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
    Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;
    But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
    When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

    - Kipling
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano


    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 862
    Location : the Holy See

    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin Empty Re: Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin

    Post by Cichorei Kano Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:12 am

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-23796002

    Strange, as this seems to imply that if someone gives you a black belt and you tie it around your waist that you then automatically have the knowledge and skill of a black belt. Seems they are somewhat confusing how to become a politician with how to become a black belt.


    _________________
    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin Dry

    "The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    finarashi
    finarashi


    Posts : 507
    Join date : 2013-01-11
    Location : Finland

    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin Empty Re: Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin

    Post by finarashi Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:08 pm

    Cichorei Kano wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-23796002

    Strange, as this seems to imply that if someone gives you a black belt and you tie it around your waist that you then automatically have the knowledge and skill of a black belt. Seems they are somewhat confusing how to become a politician with how to become a black belt.
    Well, ... doesn't becoming pope imply that you then have the knowledge and skill of a pope.


    _________________
    ... even professors make mistakes!
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano


    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 862
    Location : the Holy See

    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin Empty Re: Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin

    Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:09 am

    finarashi wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-23796002

    Strange, as this seems to imply that if someone gives you a black belt and you tie it around your waist that you then automatically have the knowledge and skill of a black belt. Seems they are somewhat confusing how to become a politician with how to become a black belt.
    Well, ... doesn't becoming pope imply that you then have the knowledge and skill of a pope.
    Finarishi, my dear friend ...

    I would imagine that popes go through a learning curve similar to how one learns to make perfect burgers ...


    _________________
    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin Dry

    "The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater


    Posts : 205
    Join date : 2013-02-26
    Age : 66
    Location : Sydney Australia

    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin Empty Re: Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin

    Post by Steve Leadbeater Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:11 am

    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    finarashi wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-23796002

    Strange, as this seems to imply that if someone gives you a black belt and you tie it around your waist that you then automatically have the knowledge and skill of a black belt. Seems they are somewhat confusing how to become a politician with how to become a black belt.
    Well, ... doesn't becoming pope imply that you then have the knowledge and skill of a pope.
    Finarishi, my dear friend ...

    I would imagine that popes go through a learning curve similar to how one learns to make perfect burgers ...



    And as an extra chapter in CK's long awaited yet to be published book, a series of recipes for Burgers cheers 
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater


    Posts : 205
    Join date : 2013-02-26
    Age : 66
    Location : Sydney Australia

    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin Empty Re: Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin

    Post by Steve Leadbeater Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:16 am

    On that occasion, Mrdić told the Serbian president that he will now "find it easier to talk with Russian President Vladimir Putin - considering he will no longer be the only leader with a black belt."



    He obviously is totally unaware that the German Chancellor
    ....................ANGELA MERKEL ............
    is also a Judo Dan Grade holder.

    Sponsored content


    Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin Empty Re: Bornian Judo Federation promotion country's president to blackbelt hoping to catch up with Putin

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:57 am