E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

which size gi?

tattooed hands

which size gi? Empty which size gi?

Post by tattooed hands Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi all
    Im looking to buy a new gi and Im looking at the Shuurai competition gi.
    http://www.blitzsport.com/Adult-Shuurai-Competition-Judo-Suit?sc=8&category=1227

However Im not sure what size to get because of the amount it will shrink. Im 5ft 6 and just over 9 stone. I have a size 4 poly cotton gi and its pretty big, but because the shuurai will shrink would it be my best option?

Cheers
    JudoStu
    JudoStu

which size gi? Empty Re: which size gi?

Post by JudoStu Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:53 am

These are a good price at the moment aren't they. I was tempted to get one myself but I think my wife would kill me if I bought another gi.
    On the subject of shrinkage I would email or telephone them and ask them how much they expect this gi to shrink. Also ask where it will shrink, eg in the chest or arms.
    Whatever you decide to do come back here and let us know how it turned out. Lots of UK memebrs in here would really appreciate the feedback.
    still learning

Post by still learning Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:39 am

I know 4 people who have bought them. Everyone has ordered half a size larger and the shrinkage has worked out fine.

They are nice gi and exceptional value.
    tattooed hands

Post by tattooed hands Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:15 am

Definitely great value for money and a lovely looking gi. Luckily it will be the missus paying as it will be an early birthday present.
    Thats a good idea to email them, hopefully they will know.

JudoStu wrote:These are a good price at the moment aren't they. I was tempted to get one myself but I think my wife would kill me if I bought another gi.
    On the subject of shrinkage I would email or telephone them and ask them how much they expect this gi to shrink. Also ask where it will shrink, eg in the chest or arms.
    Whatever you decide to do come back here and let us know how it turned out. Lots of UK memebrs in here would really appreciate the feedback.
    One review on the site said to order half a size up so it seems like they don't shring to much
    still learning wrote:I know 4 people who have bought them. Everyone has ordered half a size larger and the shrinkage has worked out fine.

They are nice gi and exceptional value.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 am