E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Judo in Myanmar

Hessu.L

Judo in Myanmar Empty Judo in Myanmar

Post by Hessu.L Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:02 am

Razz Does anyone have a contact in Myanmar judo fed or club in Yancoon? I tried to contact judo fed president but he has not  replied. I would like to go to train there and show some counter tehciques in some club. I am very thankful of  any contact and will be the thrid wee on september. Hessu.L 5 dan.
    nigelmartin

Judo in Myanmar Empty Myanmar

Post by nigelmartin Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:09 pm

You may find it extremely difficult to go there. There is a requirement to stay at dedicated hotel which are very expensive. Living fairly close to the border in Chiang Mai Thailand I planned to go there myself to train the Army and Navy teams but found the cost far too expensive. However, if you really want to go pm me and I will give the details of one of my student who is Burmese and he can arrange a contact. Of course you are welcome to come and train at the University here in Chiang Mai. Your in  Judo Nigel
    Hessu.L

Judo in Myanmar Empty Re: Judo in Myanmar

Post by Hessu.L Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi there, I got a visa to Myanmar first visit to Yangon next week, so if you have some contact please sen me.
    Hessu.L

Post by Hessu.L Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 pm

Hi there Sensei, please contact me heikki.lahteenkorva@gmail.com. I could come next tuesday ti Chiang Mai to meet your club and teaching my  counterattack system
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:20 am

Why don't you post a description your system here sometime, please?
    Hessu.L

Post by Hessu.L Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:36 pm

May be later more. The idea is to practise timing, so all techniques are done in mowing position. It includes 20 techniques  from different foot steps and hand grips. It starts with ukes first step attack and includes 7 leg throws. Secondly comes 7 counters to ukes second step or contact. Third phase is when uke escapes having 6 counters. All techniques are taken from international semifinals or  finals.

I have found that too many judokas fight their hip and back to far away and just prevent with their hands attacks instead of benefiting  ukes attack and to let him come closer. Also the new rules are made for to stand closer each other.
    Richard Riehle

Post by Richard Riehle Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Hessu.L wrote:Hi there Sensei, please contact me heikki.lahteenkorva@gmail.com. I could come next tuesday ti Chiang Mai to meet your club and teaching my  counterattack system
    I met some very nice people from Myanmar recently at the Kodokan in August.   There was an All Asian Youth exchange including some Shiai.   I gave one of them a business card, but have not heard from anyone, so far.  

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm