E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Carrie Thompson Wins £300 from the MARS Milk Fund

EstherKnox

Carrie Thompson Wins £300 from the MARS Milk Fund  Empty Carrie Thompson Wins £300 from the MARS Milk Fund

Post by EstherKnox Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:42 am

Carrie Thompson, from Haslingden, Rossendale, is celebrating after receiving a £300 donation from the MARS Milk Fund.

Carrie is a black belt in Judo and has previously represented GB on a number of occasions. After taking some time-out, Carrie returned to the sport last year and is aiming to compete at the GB trials to try to earn a place back in the squad. To build ranking points to qualify for the trials she has to enter numerous events throughout the year which take place all over the country.

Carrie says: “As I am self-funded the costs of training, travel, hotels, entry fees and judo kits soon mount up.

“With this donation from the MARS Milk Fund I can now compete in these ranking events and achieve my goal of once again representing Great Britain.”

A recent survey conducted by MARS Milk revealed that despite seven out of ten of us starting the week with intention of spending at least two hours on our favourite sport or hobby, cost and tiredness invariably put paid to these plans.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:01 am