E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Shiai throat burn

Raj Venugopal

Shiai throat burn Empty Shiai throat burn

Post by Raj Venugopal Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:00 am

Strange question. During shiai sometimes I will get "throat burn." It never happens in hard randori. Just shiai fighting.

A spot about the size of a coin will burn like hell in my hollow of my throat about 5 minutes after my first match. I will sometimes puke from it, and sweat profusely. I causes no respiratory problems/struggles, but I cannot speak or stop coughing.

Has ANYONE ever experienced this? It has happened to me 4 times and is very frustrating. Takes about 20 minutes to pass after coming on after the first fight of the day.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Shiai throat burn Empty Re: Shiai throat burn

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:10 am

Raj Venugopal wrote:Strange question. During shiai sometimes I will get "throat burn." It never happens in hard randori. Just shiai fighting.

A spot about the size of a coin will burn like hell in my hollow of my throat about 5 minutes after my first match. I will sometimes puke from it, and sweat profusely. I causes no respiratory problems/struggles, but I cannot speak or stop coughing.

Has ANYONE ever experienced this? It has happened to me 4 times and is very frustrating. Takes about 20 minutes to pass after coming on after the first fight of the day.
    You're not having acid reflux I hope ? Maybe spasms, maybe congenital issue ? You have no signs of diabetes, do you ? Maybe one of the many epinephrine-associated symptoms as a reflection if stress.
    Raj Venugopal

Post by Raj Venugopal Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:19 am

Thank you for your reply CK. I don't think it's acid reflux, or any sort of fundamental health issue. No diabetes either. The ONLY time it happens is sometimes in shiai, after first match. I'm at loss to figure it out. I wonder if the breathing intensity and volume (I'm not out of breath) is causing the burn.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:40 am

Raj Venugopal wrote:Thank you for your reply CK. I don't think it's acid reflux, or any sort of fundamental health issue. No diabetes either. The ONLY time it happens is sometimes in shiai, after first match. I'm at loss to figure it out. I wonder if the breathing intensity and volume (I'm not out of breath) is causing the burn.
    Neither breathing frequency nor breathing volume cause any feeling of burn, certainly not in the throat. Severe acidosis might cause such sensation in the lungs, not in the throat.
    Raj Venugopal

Post by Raj Venugopal Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:43 am

No one I have talked to has felt this either....
    hedgehogey

Post by hedgehogey Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:31 pm

I have a burning in my throat during shiai too. It's probably just the rapid inhalation and exhalation doing a number on the mucus lining it and probably shouldn't be worried about.
    Raj Venugopal

Post by Raj Venugopal Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:22 am

Ech... Achilles tendon....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:55 pm