E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+3
NBK
BillC
gester
7 posters

2014 Kodokan Calendar

gester

2014 Kodokan Calendar Empty 2014 Kodokan Calendar

Post by gester Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:24 pm

The 2014 Kodokan calendar is available. The total cost is about $25.00 for delivery to the US. It took 6 days from ordering to signing for delivery in California.

https://www.hint.jp/cgi-bin/kshop/kshop.pl/page=gk01.html/SID=PUT_SID_HERE

gester

Last edited by gester on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
    BillC
    BillC

2014 Kodokan Calendar Empty Re: 2014 Kodokan Calendar

Post by BillC Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Our kancho likes the calendars of the tattooed (I presume) yakuza ladies I pick up from a little shop on a mobbed up side street  in Asakusa.  The native and un-photoshopped native artistry of these works sets a nice tone for our beer and barbecue room at the dojo.  Of course, in the public space are calendars from the Kodokan and Kintetsu World Express (how did we get on THEIR mailing list?).

Last time in Asakusa I ran into NBK in fact, he was taking yet another visitor on a three hour tour of Tokyo.  Time for me to make another trip ... after watching the Tokyo Grand Slam of European Jacket Wrestling of course.
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:27 pm

gester wrote:The 2014 Kodokan calendar is available. The total cost is about $25.00 for delivery to the US. It took 6 days from ordering to signing for delivery in California.

gester
    First class mail between Japan and US is normally very fast.

Which did you get?

There are two - a sports one of competition judo, and an historic calendar of interesting old photos. The historic one is always interesting, and has gotten more interesting the last couple of years. I cut out the photos and have several years'

BillC wrote:Our kancho likes the calendars of the tattooed (I presume) yakuza ladies I pick up from a little shop on a mobbed up side street  in Asakusa.  The native and un-photoshopped native artistry of these works sets a nice tone for our beer and barbecue room at the dojo.  Of course, in the public space are calendars from the Kodokan and Kintetsu World Express (how did we get on THEIR mailing list?).

Last time in Asakusa I ran into NBK in fact, he was taking yet another visitor on a three hour tour of Tokyo.  Time for me to make another trip ... after watching the Tokyo Grand Slam of European Jacket Wrestling of course.
    It's a short beer run from the Tokyo Taiikukan and the Grand Slam to the tattooed ladies!
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:07 am

NBK wrote:
    gester wrote:The 2014 Kodokan calendar is available. The total cost is about $25.00 for delivery to the US. It took 6 days from ordering to signing for delivery in California.

gester

Which did you get?

There are two - a sports one of competition judo, and an historic calendar of interesting old photos.  The historic one is always interesting, and has gotten more interesting the last couple of years. I cut out the photos and have several years'

BillC wrote:Our kancho likes the calendars of the tattooed (I presume) yakuza ladies I pick up from a little shop on a mobbed up side street  in Asakusa.  The native and un-photoshopped native artistry of these works sets a nice tone for our beer and barbecue room at the dojo.  Of course, in the public space are calendars from the Kodokan and Kintetsu World Express (how did we get on THEIR mailing list?).

It's a short beer run from the Tokyo Taiikukan and the Grand Slam to the tattooed ladies!  
    Is that shorty female nidan jûdôka from Ôsaka in it this year ?

Last edited by Cichorei Kano on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    seatea
    seatea

Post by seatea Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:47 am

Not nude, not interested.Neutral

EDIT: That second one does look pretty good actually.
    Yabanjames
    Yabanjames

Post by Yabanjames Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:41 pm

NBK wrote:

gester

Which did you get?

There are two - a sports one of competition judo, and an historic calendar of interesting old photos.  The historic one is always interesting, and has gotten more interesting the last couple of years. I cut out the photos and have several years'

Count me in, Gents!  When are you going?
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Yabanjames wrote:
    NBK wrote:

gester

Which did you get?

Sunday ... does NBK have your keitai info? I think Dapper Dave may join in as well ... and Super Suave Sheldon is welcome.
    Yabanjames
    Yabanjames

Post by Yabanjames Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:13 pm

BillC wrote:
    Yabanjames wrote:
    NBK wrote:

gester

Which did you get?

Sunday ... does NBK have your keitai info?  I think Dapper Dave may join in as well ... and Super Suave Sheldon is welcome.
    Most Excellent. Will see what can be arranged. Domo domo.
    gester

Post by gester Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:53 am

FYI...The 2014 calendar has the week running from Monday thru Sunday!!! I hate that!!

The last two years the calendars were Sunday thru Saturday.

Not sure I'll get a 2015 calendar.

Gester
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:01 pm

gester wrote:FYI...The 2014 calendar has the week running from Monday thru Sunday!!! I hate that!!

The last two years the calendars were Sunday thru Saturday.

Not sure I'll get a 2015 calendar.

Gester

Better than the Chinese work calendar ... M,T,W,Th,F,M,M,M,T,W,Th,F ...
    Ryvai
    Ryvai

Post by Ryvai Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:35 pm

gester wrote:FYI...The 2014 calendar has the week running from Monday thru Sunday!!! I hate that!!

What do you mean? You mean like the entire rest of the world does, except maybe USA?

The entire world uses the metric system, except USA. One of many examples.. Join the rest of the world when it comes to standards please Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:02 am