E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum


+6
Isr-Budokan
Jonesy
finarashi
Davaro
NBK
Cichorei Kano
10 posters

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano


    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 864
    Location : the Holy See

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by Cichorei Kano Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:47 am

    http://gawker.com/did-mossad-secretly-train-nelson-mandela-on-judo-guns-1487107933


    Don't blame me. I am not arguing or supporting anything said here, nor responsible for the quality of the article. I am just posting news related to the term 'judo'.
    NBK
    NBK


    Posts : 1298
    Join date : 2013-01-10
    Location : Tokyo, Japan

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by NBK Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:38 pm

    If I understand it correctly, he would have more likely been taught Krav Maga rather than judo.
    Davaro
    Davaro


    Posts : 224
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Location : South Africa

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by Davaro Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:13 pm

    LOL!!!!!!

    Not at the story but at some of the comments under it.
    finarashi
    finarashi


    Posts : 507
    Join date : 2013-01-11
    Location : Finland

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by finarashi Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:41 pm

    What we need is somebody to dig into what hapened in Israel. We have several important figures going there e.g. Imrich Lichtenfeld, Moshe Feldenkrais, Gershon Kopler and Yehuda Markus. They then further develop what they have learnt in Europe. I think though research there the whole European development can be clarified.
    Jonesy
    Jonesy


    Posts : 1070
    Join date : 2013-01-02

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by Jonesy Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:30 pm

    Crap and hype. If the Israelis would have taught anything it would have been Krav Maga.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano


    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 864
    Location : the Holy See

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:03 am

    finarashi wrote:What we need is somebody to dig into what hapened in Israel.

    No problem, I am already on my way. I have an appointment with Q-Branch later tonight to provide me with the necessary equipment, and with Agent Triple-X tomorrow in a Tel Aviv hotel. Remember, don't call us, we'll call you ...
    finarashi
    finarashi


    Posts : 507
    Join date : 2013-01-11
    Location : Finland

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by finarashi Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:35 am

    .. and please, please remember this time to keep your gloves on!
    avatar
    Isr-Budokan


    Posts : 9
    Join date : 2013-01-19
    Age : 66
    Location : Israel

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by Isr-Budokan Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:18 am

    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    finarashi wrote:What we need is somebody to dig into what hapened in Israel.

    No problem, I am already on my way. I have an appointment with Q-Branch later tonight to provide me with the necessary equipment, and with Agent Triple-X tomorrow in a Tel Aviv hotel. Remember, don't call us, we'll call you ...

    While you are in Tel Aviv, of course, you are invited to be our guest at the dojo. I won't tell anyone!  lol! 
    http://www.haaretz.co.il/news/world/africa/.premium-1.2195259
    avatar
    Isr-Budokan


    Posts : 9
    Join date : 2013-01-19
    Age : 66
    Location : Israel

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by Isr-Budokan Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:38 am

    Jonesy wrote:Crap and hype.  If the Israelis would have taught anything it would have been Krav Maga.

    In the early days (of Imi) the terms "judo", "jujitsu" and "Krav Maga" (and also "Kapap") were used almost randomly to describe all kinds of fighting methods. Only later the terms became more specific.
    (Of course, it has nothing to do with this article...)
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano


    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 864
    Location : the Holy See

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:33 am

    Isr-Budokan wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    finarashi wrote:What we need is somebody to dig into what hapened in Israel.

    No problem, I am already on my way. I have an appointment with Q-Branch later tonight to provide me with the necessary equipment, and with Agent Triple-X tomorrow in a Tel Aviv hotel. Remember, don't call us, we'll call you ...

    While you are in Tel Aviv, of course, you are invited to be our guest at the dojo. I won't tell anyone!  lol! 
    http://www.haaretz.co.il/news/world/africa/.premium-1.2195259

    What makes you believe I haven't already explored your dôjô, and your house, and your car, and your bank account ...  Cool 
    avatar
    Isr-Budokan


    Posts : 9
    Join date : 2013-01-19
    Age : 66
    Location : Israel

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by Isr-Budokan Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:54 am

    The same thing that makes me believe that if you have done it, I would have known.... Laughing Laughing Laughing 
    Anyway, I love your sense of humor  thumbup1 
    avatar
    hedgehogey


    Posts : 103
    Join date : 2012-12-30

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by hedgehogey Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:21 pm

    This strains credibility beyond belief. Israel was allied with South Africa for almost all its existence, both militarily and in trade. All they're trying to do is whitewash Mandela's legacy now that he's dead and can't defend himself.
    seatea
    seatea


    Posts : 211
    Join date : 2013-01-19
    Location : England.

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by seatea Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:41 pm

    Maybe in the 60's the socialist influence that had been strong in the foundation of Israel still held enough sway to make them favourable to Mandela and his cause. Certainly didn't stay that way, I'm pretty sure Israel was helping to arm apartheid South Africa with nuclear weapons at some point.
    avatar
    hedgehogey


    Posts : 103
    Join date : 2012-12-30

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by hedgehogey Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:32 pm

    What sounds more likely, that the two apartheid states shared values or that Israel was secretly arming both because...something? Zionist 'socialism' has always been in name only.
    GB-UK
    GB-UK


    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2013-04-21
    Age : 56
    Location : Wallsend

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by GB-UK Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:50 am

    hedgehogey wrote:What sounds more likely, that the two apartheid states shared values or that Israel was secretly arming both because...something? Zionist 'socialism' has always been in name only.

    They shared values and weapons, fortunately the two apartheid regimes in Africa are now gone and consigned to history. If only that was true of the apartheid regime in Israel.
    avatar
    Hanon


    Posts : 537
    Join date : 2012-12-31

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by Hanon Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:18 am

    Cichorei Kano wrote:http://gawker.com/did-mossad-secretly-train-nelson-mandela-on-judo-guns-1487107933


    Don't blame me. I am not arguing or supporting anything said here, nor responsible for the quality of the article. I am just posting news related to the term 'judo'.

    All well and good BUT are you watching how this thread is turning? Judo forum............no politics, race or sexism etc. If this thread does continue and I hope it does not then maybe place it in the misc section. Threads like this don't build bridges they destroy them ad cause divides.

    Mike
    Davaro
    Davaro


    Posts : 224
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Location : South Africa

    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by Davaro Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:46 pm

    Hanon wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:http://gawker.com/did-mossad-secretly-train-nelson-mandela-on-judo-guns-1487107933


    Don't blame me. I am not arguing or supporting anything said here, nor responsible for the quality of the article. I am just posting news related to the term 'judo'.

    All well and good BUT are you watching how this thread is turning? Judo forum............no politics, race or sexism etc. If this thread does continue and I hope it does not then maybe place it in the misc section. Threads like this don't build bridges they destroy them ad cause divides.

    Mike

    Could not agree more.

    Judo has long ago left this thread  Neutral 

    Sponsored content


    Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ? Empty Re: Did Mossad Secretly Train Nelson Mandela on Judo ?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed May 22, 2024 1:36 am