E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

Rousey v McMann a respectful pre fight encounter

Ricebale
    Ricebale

Rousey v McMann a respectful pre fight encounter Empty Rousey v McMann a respectful pre fight encounter

Post by Ricebale Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:33 pm

One of the best match ups in years, Sara is still not yet fully developed but I'm anticipating an athletic challenge for Ronda.

Ronda has stated not to expect a throw clinic as in her last fight as she respects the wrestling of McMann as far superior to her last opponent.

I anticipate the submission advantage that Ronda possesses to be the thing to look for.

I'll reinvigorate this post as time approaches.
    seatea
    seatea

Rousey v McMann a respectful pre fight encounter Empty Re: Rousey v McMann a respectful pre fight encounter

Post by seatea Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:52 pm

This is the Ronda fight I've been wanting to see.
    Emanuele2

Rousey v McMann a respectful pre fight encounter Empty Re: Rousey v McMann a respectful pre fight encounter

Post by Emanuele2 Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:17 pm

McMann has better submissions, she is trained in bjj grappling too.
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:11 pm

McMann is seriously likeable, has a very genuine character, I think that she will bring good things to Rondas career either way, brings the honorable athlete side back into the sport

Rondas interview shows a lot more character too:

Glorfindel
    Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:22 am

Emanuele2 wrote:McMann has better submissions, she is trained in bjj grappling too.

I hope you were joking!!

Maybe you should watch McMann mma fights, i think you didnt.

McMann will have a little advantage standing, but i'm not even sure of that. Tate is a better striker than Rousey and McMann, but Rousey did pretty well against Tate.

Rousey's striking was the best we saw from her so far and it's a bad news for McMann.

Clinch/take down? We will see, but i think that Rousey athletisim/judo will beat McMann wrestling.

On the ground, McMann is nowhere near Rousey. McMann doesnt have the submission game of Rousey, it's not even close. McMann is more gnp, not a submission artist and i dont think that she will be able to keep Rousey on her back that munch.

The only chance for McMann is to try to engage Rousey in a standup war.

Just for you Manu ;-) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nASGLbaZJ3Q

Their mma fight, pretty close one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua3yyQr-2ys

BTW, Ronda arm barred Baszler 3 times in one minute at the last ultimate fighter show.

So, do you guys, realy think that McMann is a serious threat to Ronda?? I dont think so.
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Post by afulldeck Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:57 am

Glorfindel wrote:
    Emanuele2 wrote:McMann has better submissions, she is trained in bjj grappling too.

I hope you were joking!!

Maybe you should watch McMann mma fights, i think you didnt.

McMann will have a little advantage standing, but i'm not even sure of that. Tate is a better striker than Rousey and McMann, but Rousey did pretty well against Tate.

Rousey's striking was the best we saw from her so far and it's a bad news for McMann.

Clinch/take down? We will see, but i think that Rousey athletisim/judo will beat McMann wrestling.

On the ground, McMann is nowhere near Rousey. McMann doesnt have the submission game of Rousey, it's not even close. McMann is more gnp, not a submission artist and i dont think that she will be able to keep Rousey on her back that munch.

The only chance for McMann is to try to engage Rousey in a standup war.

Just for you Manu ;-) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nASGLbaZJ3Q

Their mma fight, pretty close one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua3yyQr-2ys

BTW, Ronda arm barred Baszler 3 times in one minute at the last ultimate fighter show.

So, do you guys, realy think that McMann is a serious threat to Ronda?? I dont think so.

Glorfindel you have that right. I think McMann is in deep ....
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:29 am

I think Sara could have used a few more fights to work herself up, but two things:

1. Sara isn't getting any younger
    2. Ronda is hot property at the moment as an opponent and for the UFC to market which means more $$ for all

afulldeck
    afulldeck

Post by afulldeck Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:19 am

Ricebale wrote:I think Sara could have used a few more fights to work herself up, but two things:

1. Sara isn't getting any younger
    2. Ronda is hot property at the moment as an opponent and for the UFC to market which means more $$ for all

Also, the UFC has lost a large number of big draws lately with the loss of GSP, Anderson Silva etc and Ronda seems to be a big draw for the audiences. Without Ronda 2014 might be hard for the UFC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:16 pm