E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
afulldeck
BillC
6 posters

Historical video ....

BillC
    BillC

Historical video .... Empty Historical video ....

Post by BillC Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:22 am

Saw this movie soon after I started judo ... just ran across it while searching for ... of all things ... an itsutsunokata video ...

Almost all Americans go into judo expecting to become samurai, even the adult beginners. Maybe especially the adults. As unrealistic as that is, it is an under-appreciated market as we go around trying to pitch European jacket wrestling to people.
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Historical video .... Empty Re: Historical video ....

Post by afulldeck Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:55 pm

Thanks for finding this little piece. Its completely new to me. Now I'll have to go and find the full version..Don't know how I would have missed it as a teenager...
    Davaro
    Davaro

Post by Davaro Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:19 pm

All fun and games until Bronson starts squeezing a wax ball....
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:08 am

BillC wrote:Saw this movie soon after I started judo ... just ran across it while searching for ... of all things ... an itsutsunokata video ...

Almost all Americans go into judo expecting to become samurai, even the adult beginners.  Maybe especially the adults.  As unrealistic as that is, it is an under-appreciated market as we go around trying to pitch European jacket wrestling to people.

I remember seeing that while watching the movie years ago, on TV. I was like, oooo, Judo wins again !
    Jihef
    Jihef

Post by Jihef Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:16 pm

BillC wrote:Almost all Americans go into judo expecting to become samurai, even the adult beginners.  Maybe especially the adults.  

As unrealistic as that is, it is an under-appreciated market as we go around trying to pitch European jacket wrestling to people.
    I believe Aikidoka are doing a better job at pitching the samurai thing…

Why "european" jacket wrestling ?
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Jihef wrote:
    BillC wrote:Almost all Americans go into judo expecting to become samurai, even the adult beginners.  Maybe especially the adults.  

As unrealistic as that is, it is an under-appreciated market as we go around trying to pitch European jacket wrestling to people.

Because the IJF is controlled by (eastern) Europeans and it is they who are denuding judo.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:11 am

Jihef wrote:

About aikido ... you are correct. Unfortunately ... well, let's just say there is a wide variability in aikido ... that sometimes ... well ... let's just say some gots it and some ain't.

Why "European jacket wrestling?" Because Olympic judo is, and because I am being deliberately provocative. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 pm