E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+5
Glorfindel
Neil G
Q mystic
afulldeck
Cichorei Kano
9 posters

Cris 'Cyborg' Justino (formerly 'Santos') Dropping to 135 Pounds to Retire Ronda Rousey, “Like I Did Gina Carano” !

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Cris 'Cyborg' Justino (formerly 'Santos')  Dropping to 135 Pounds to Retire Ronda Rousey, “Like I Did Gina Carano” ! Empty Cris 'Cyborg' Justino (formerly 'Santos') Dropping to 135 Pounds to Retire Ronda Rousey, “Like I Did Gina Carano” !

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:56 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cris-cyborg-dropping-135-pounds-193033503--mma.html
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Cris 'Cyborg' Justino (formerly 'Santos')  Dropping to 135 Pounds to Retire Ronda Rousey, “Like I Did Gina Carano” ! Empty Re: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino (formerly 'Santos') Dropping to 135 Pounds to Retire Ronda Rousey, “Like I Did Gina Carano” !

Post by afulldeck Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:53 am

Interesting turn of events. Cris must now realize the biggest pay day is the UFC.
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Cris 'Cyborg' Justino (formerly 'Santos')  Dropping to 135 Pounds to Retire Ronda Rousey, “Like I Did Gina Carano” ! Empty Re: Cris 'Cyborg' Justino (formerly 'Santos') Dropping to 135 Pounds to Retire Ronda Rousey, “Like I Did Gina Carano” !

Post by Q mystic Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:58 am

Hopefully Ronda will get some boxing lessons in before then. I cannot believe her inability or absolute lack of confidence in striking after already this long in mma.

Still, tko 1.

That's 2-1 in Oly judoka vs Oly wrestlers in all of mma. =)
    Neil G
    Neil G

Post by Neil G Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:01 am

Dana isn't having any of it. At least not in the short term.
    Glorfindel
    Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:43 am

Ronda get hit too munch again in his last fight even if it last only 1 min...
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:05 am

Glorfindel wrote:Ronda get hit too munch again in his last fight even if it last only 1 min...

I agree, she did her "move forward/close distance" thing and Sara caught her. When I saw that, it bothered me too.
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:16 am

My prediction vs Sarah was 80% Ronda to win but I said I'd reverse that if Sarah could box down to 20%

If it was the mens div Ronda would be in recivery still imo, zero head movement and eating punches does not cut the muster these days.

Btw, if you count Olympic Judokas v College level wrestlers the stats don't look as good Smile

I was really hoping for a throw battle and was quite disappointed by the last match.

If Cyborg beats Ronda it will be a large step backwards for WMMA in my view.

The UFC will put that fight together once Ronda's drawing power fades a bit, it's all about the money potential.

Cheers
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:34 am

Ricebale wrote:My prediction vs Sarah was 80% Ronda to win but I said I'd reverse that if Sarah could box down to 20%

If it was the mens div Ronda would be in recivery still imo, zero head movement and eating punches does not cut the muster these days.

Btw, if you count Olympic Judokas v College level wrestlers the stats don't look as good Smile

I was really hoping for a throw battle and was quite disappointed by the last match.

The UFC will put that fight together once Ronda's drawing power fades a bit, it's all about the money potential.

Cheers

Regarding the potential throwing battle, I watched a bunch of Sara's old wrestling videos...I wasn't expecting her to throw Ronda except perhaps on a counter throw.

Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:38 am

Ben Reinhardt wrote:
    Ricebale wrote:My prediction vs Sarah was 80% Ronda to win but I said I'd reverse that if Sarah could box down to 20%

Cheers

Regarding the potential throwing battle, I watched a bunch of Sara's old wrestling videos...I wasn't expecting her to throw Ronda except perhaps on a counter throw.

I had Sarah as a chance on the ankle pick which Ronda had a specific weakness against in her Judo matches, I more wanted to see if Ronda could toss a skilled wrestler as she strugglee in training vuds agsinst the men (who are letting her throw them) but alas!

Personally I hope she beats Cyborg as I don't like the steroid thing in sports.
    DougNZ

Post by DougNZ Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:14 am

But Cyborg is clean now!!!
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:29 am

DougNZ wrote:But Cyborg is clean now!!!

Yes, her erections are all natural now.
    DougNZ

Post by DougNZ Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:53 am

Smile 
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Post by Q mystic Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:18 am

Ricebale wrote:

Cheers

True.

However, if you go nat level up in each Vs. one another, the numbers seem pretty close. Of course, due to numerical superiority the wrestlers are going to take most spots in rankings. Here I mean, not M-1, where it seems there are just as many judo vets, as wrestling vets, in the rankings.
    Glorfindel
    Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:00 am

I realy liked the work of Ronda's mma coachs. They knew that Sara will lower her hips to counter Ronda's judo throws, so they worked alot on the left knee to the liver and it worked!!
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Post by afulldeck Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:16 am

Glorfindel wrote:I realy liked the work of Ronda's mma coachs. They knew that Sara will lower her hips to counter Ronda's judo throws, so they worked alot on the left knee to the liver and it worked!!

True.

The real problem with Ronda's fight was not against the cage, it was eating those overhand punches, without covering or bobbing and weaving. I really hope the coaches work that part of her fighting skills.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:46 am

Ricebale wrote:
    Ben Reinhardt wrote:

Cheers

I had Sarah as a chance on the ankle pick which Ronda had a specific weakness against in her Judo matches, I more wanted to see if Ronda could toss a skilled wrestler as she strugglee in training vuds agsinst the men (who are letting her throw them) but alas!

Personally I hope she beats Cyborg as I don't like the steroid thing in sports.

Sarah didn't want to get in Ronda's guard...

LOL at Ronda struggling against men who are letting her throw them !

Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I realy liked the work of Ronda's mma coachs. They knew that Sara will lower her hips to counter Ronda's judo throws, so they worked alot on the left knee to the liver and it worked!!

Yeah, she was really clinching up tight and not buying Ronda's normal ashi waza set up against the cage. Plus Sara is strong as hell to boot. The knees were new for Ronda, we (all the judoka watching where I was) noticed that. Didn't put two and two together though.

Glorfindel
    Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:58 pm

Ben Reinhardt wrote:

Yeah, she was really clinching up tight and not buying Ronda's normal ashi waza set up against the cage. Plus Sara is strong as hell to boot. The knees were new for Ronda, we (all the judoka watching where I was) noticed that. Didn't  put two and two together though.

That's what i like about mma, game planing!

Yup, only left knee!! (check the fight again, you will see)

I can pass some hours thinking about what my guys can do vs other styles etc... Thats the beauty of mma, so much things to think about!

I always think about 'situation' or what will happen vs that style or that 'kind' of guy. In mma, i think that you have to focus on what kind of things will happen vs that 'kind' of fighter.

There is less rules in mma than in other other combat sports, and it's a 'young' sport, so there is a lot of ' game planning' involved
    Y-Chromosome
    Y-Chromosome

Post by Y-Chromosome Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Dana was quite clear in the post-fight press conference.  Cyborg can fight Ronda when she makes 135.  I don't see Ronda shaking in her boots at the prospect.

What a bunch of critics, though.

So tell me, are we still having doubts about Ronda's boxing?

My Question is a bit different. Was Bethe being delusional or disingenuous when she trash talked before the match?
    I guess they call it trash talk for a reason.  As descriptive of its value as its content.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:27 pm